Blood normally flows through arteries and veins in the circulatory system, but clot formation can block the flow of blood, which results in thrombosis. Clot formation in blood vessels is primarily the reason of various diseases that include heart attack, stroke, and venous thrombosis. Thus, antithrombotic drugs are used to reduce the formation of blood clots. These drugs can be categorized into two classes - anticoagulant and antiplatelet drugs. Anti-coagulant drugs reduce fibrin formation thereby slowing down the process of clotting, whereas antiplatelet drugs prevent clot formation by inhibiting platelet clumping.
The growth of world anticoagulant drugs market is supported by a number of factors such as rise in incidence of cardiovascular diseases, increase in ageing population, obesity related issues, and increased healthcare expenditure. Despite the availability of antithrombotic drugs to counteract and treat arterial and venous thrombosis, the illness still stays as one of the major reason of death and disability worldwide. This shows that the present medications available are not efficient to combat this disorder. Thus, there is huge potential for the market to grow and develop. However, patent expiration of drugs, stringent regulations by government and side effects of drugs such as head ache are expected to restrain growth of the market.
The report segments the anticoagulant drugs market on the basis of type and geography. According to the anticoagulants type, the market is segmented into unfractionated heparin, warfarin, low molecular weight heparin, factor Xa inhibitors, direct inhibition inhibitors, and others. Geographical breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players adopt product launch as their key strategy. Xarelto, product of Jannsen pharmaceuticals received FDA approval in June 2013. The drug helps prevent the risk of stent thrombosis in patients with acute coronary syndrome. In addition, Pradaxa (April, 2013) is used to reduce the risk of stroke and blood clotting in Artrial Fibrillation patients.
The key companies that operate in the global anticoagulant drugs market include Sanofi, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Jansen pharmaceuticals, Boehringer Ingelheim, Johnson & Johnson, and Bayer.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global anticoagulant drugs market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2014 and 2022.
- Geographically, therapies for anti-coagulant drugs market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- This study evaluates competitive landscape and value chain to predict the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global anti-coagulant drugs market is provided.
ANTICOAGULANT DRUGS MARKETKEY SEGMENTS:
Market by Type
- Unfractionated Heparin
- Low Molecular Weight Heparin
- Factor XA Inhibitors
- Direct Inhibition Inhibitors
Market by Geography
- North America