Depression is a medical disorder of the brain with symptoms such as sadness, tiredness, lack of energy, and complexity in performing daily activities. Such symptoms can be treated by use of antidepressants. According to fact sheet published by the World Health Organization (WHO) and Center for Disease Control, in February 2017, about 350 million people worldwide were suffering from depression.
The antidepressants drugs market is driven by increase in people suffering from stress, rise in awareness about depression, growth in geriatric population, high efficacy of the antidepressants, and reduced side effects of these drugs. However, patent expiry of main antidepressants and rise in number of generic drug variants may restrain the market growth. Potential and innovative application of antidepressant drugs, and untapped market opportunities in developing countries are expected to present numerous opportunities for market growth.
The antidepressant drugs market is segmented on the basis of product, application, and region. Based on product, it is divided into tricyclic antidepressants, serotonin-norepinephrine inhibitors, atypical antipsychotics, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, benzodiazepines, tetracyclic antidepressants, monoamine oxidase inhibitors, and others. The application segment is bifurcated into clinics & hospitals and research centers. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
Major companies operating in this market are Pfizer Inc., AstraZeneca plc, Eli Lilly and Company, Gedeon Richter, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Luye Pharma, MSI Methylation Sciences, Naurex, Abbott Laboratories, Novartis AG, Otsuka Pharmaceutical, and SK Biopharmaceuticals.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis by product facilitates in understanding the various types of drugs used for treatment of depression.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Antidepressants Drugs Market Key Segments:
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
- Serotonin-norepinephrine Inhibitors
- Atypical Antipsychotics
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors
- Tetracyclic Antidepressants
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors
- Clinics & Hospitals
- Research Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA