Antiglaucoma drugs are used in the treatment of glaucoma, in which the optic nerve may get damaged resulting in irreversible loss of vision. In glaucoma, excessive amount of fluid in eye causes increase in eye pressure. Antiglaucoma drugs act by lowering the intraocular pressure in eye to prevent any damage to nerve. Moreover, pilocarpine is a drug used to lower the increased pressure in the eye. Antiglaucoma drugs can also be used before any type of eye surgery. Glaucoma can be treated with help of beta adrenergic blocking agents such as Timolol and Miotics.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This in turn is expected to have a significant impact on the antiglaucoma drugs market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in number of patient suffering from glaucoma, rise in cases of chronic eye diseases, surge in geriatric population, increase in demand for minimally invasive eye treatment procedures, rise in developments of combined drugs therapies, and grow in demand for early diagnosis & treatment procedures are the key factors that drive the growth of market.
- In addition, effectiveness & advantages associated with use of antiglaucoma drugs such as rapid onset action, rise in adoption of highly advanced eye treatment procedures, emerging advance technologies in developing countries, rise in demand for easy to use anti-glaucoma medication, R & D activities to improve quality of drugs, and availability of advanced infrastructure facility are some factors, which boost the growth of market.
- However, side effects associated with antiglaucoma drugs such as teary eyes hinder the growth of the market.
- Contrarily, increase in awareness regarding eye disease treatments is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the expansion of the market.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
In 2021, Alembic Pharma announced approval of U.S. Food and Drug Administration for launch of Dorzolamide Hydrochloride and Timolol Maleated ophthalmic solution. This solution can be usead in treatment of certain types of glaucoma.
In 2020, Micro Labs USA announced launch of two new glaucoma treatment drugs. These product contains Dorzolamide 2 & another one contains Dorzolamide-Timolol 22.3-6.8 mg/ml. This drugs can be used in treatment of mild and moderate eye pressure.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of antiglaucoma drugs market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Antiglaucoma Drugs Market Report
- Which are the leading players active in the antiglaucoma drugs market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "antiglaucoma drugs"?
- What is "antiglaucoma drugs" market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "antiglaucoma drugs" market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "antiglaucoma drugs" market report?
Antiglaucoma Drugs Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Disease Condition
By Prescription Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Allergen PLC., Senju Pharmaceuticals, Cipla, Santen Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Orasis, Sun Ophthalmics, Merck & Co., Novartis AG, Zydus Cadila, Bayer, Akorn, Pfizer Inc., Alembic Pharmaceuticals.