Antimicrobial sutures are sterile, surgical threads coated with antimicrobial agents. They are used for stitching or repair of cuts or incisions. They prevent incidences of infection caused due to sutures.
Increase in surgical procedures, minimally invasive procedures, geriatric population, and favorable reimbursement policies for surgical procedures fuel surgical procedure demand, which drives the growth of the antimicrobial sutures market.
In addition, rise in disposable income and increase in awareness of infections & preventive healthcare among population are anticipated to boost the market growth. However, presence of alternatives such as tapes, staples, tissue adhesive, & others, and government regulations related to the safety and efficacy of the antimicrobial suture hinder the market growth. Ongoing R&D activities related to antimicrobial suture are anticipated to present new opportunities for the market.
The market is segmented on the basis of product, application, and geography. By product, it is classified into sutures and automated suturing devices. Based on the applications, the market is categorized into cardiovascular surgeries, general surgeries, gynecological surgeries, orthopedic surgeries, ophthalmic surgeries, and other surgeries. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities for the period in terms of value.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Antimicrobial Suture Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
W.L. Gore & Associates, Demetech Corporation, Lotus Surgicals, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Medtronic Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, Smith & Nephew plc, Sutures India Pvt Ltd., Johnson and Johnson, Conmed Corporation