Antimony, a semi-metallic chemical element mainly extracted from stibnite and valentinite, also exists in nature, but in a small amount, so this element has the characteristics of metal and non-metal. In the development of cosmetic and pharmaceutical compositions, antimony plays a vital role. At present, modern advances in extraction and purification technology have produced elements with enough purity. This is a key factor in the growth of the antimony market globally. Antimony has opened new market opportunities in the manufacturing of many semiconductor devices such as diodes and infrared detectors.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
The combination of antimony, tin and lead can produce bullets, solder and sliding bearings. Due to additives containing chlorine and bromine, the use of antimony in microelectronics is expected to be the growth indicator of the market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- At the beginning of 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic began to spread around the world. Millions of people worldwide are infected with the COVID-19 disease. The major economies in the world have issued permanent bans and orders to stop operations. Most life support industries have been hit hard, and the antimony industry has also been hit hard.
- Due to the lockdown in major parts of the world, the manufacturing unit faced lack of manpower for production work.
- The price of antimony is directly proportional with the supply of antimony, since decrease in supply of antimony and having high market demand led to an increase in prices of antimony.
Top Impacting Factors
- Due to the tightening of the fire protection industry, the main driving force of the antimony market is the increase in the number of uses.
- The increase in disposable income and the increase in flame retardant consumption are expected to be the main driving forces of the antimony market. Antimony trioxide and potassium antimony tartrate have serious health effects and are therefore expected to slow down the growth of the antimony market.
- The recyclable nature of antimony can provide market participants with opportunities for future growth. Another factor is the slowdown in overall GDP growth. Certain chemicals, such as antimony trioxide and potassium tartrate, can have negative health effects, such as respiratory tract irritation, pneumoconiosis, antimony stains on the skin, gastrointestinal discomfort and irregular heartbeat so it cannot be used as an environmentally friendly chemical in industry.
- The antimony market is expected to witness tremendous growth in few upcoming years owing to the high strength of fiberglass composites.
- In May 2018, the American Antimony Corporation advanced the construction of the Los Juarez gold, silver and antimony leaching facility in Querétaro, Mexico, which is one of the largest and most expensive projects in the USAC. The fourth quarter of 2018.
- In June 2017, Tri-Star Resources Plc along with Strategic & Precious Metals Processing LLC (SPMP) has signed a multi-year agreement with Traxys Europe SA to deliver antimony and antimony gold concentrates to its Oman Antimony Roaster. The agreement presents SPMP access to the worldwide knowledge supplied through Traxys on minor metal concentrate sourcing and deliver chain logistics management.
- In April 2017, specialty chemicals company LANXESS acquired the US-based company Chemtura, one of the world’s leading suppliers of flame retardant and lubricant additives. The acquisition would help the company increase its production of flame retardant materials and make it easily available to its customers
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Antimony industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Antimony market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Antimony market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Antimony market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Antimony Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Antimony market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- Upcoming Report specific FAQs Examples: Can be utilized randomly 4-5 FAQs per RD OR other from own suggestions, suitable for upcoming report.
- What is "Antimony "?
- what does "Antimony" allow organizations to achieve?
- which technologies combine to make "Antimony" a critical organizational asset?
- What is "Antimony" Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Antimony" Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "Antimony" Market?
- What are the key benefits of the "Antimony" Market report?
- What will be the anticipated growth rates for your own Antimony Market economy altogether and for every segment inside?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
Antimony Market Report Highlights
By End Use Industry
Key Market Players
Hunan ChenZhou Mining Group Co., Village Main Reef Ltd., United States Antimony Corporation, Yunnan Muli Antimony Industry, Belmont Metals Inc., Nihon Seiko Co., Ltd, Recylex, Korea Zinc Co. Ltd., AMG Advanced Metallurgical Group NV, Huachang Antimony Industry