Antislime or slimicide is a chemical substance that is used as an antimicrobial agent to kill slime-producing microorganisms along with bacteria, slime, fungi, and algae. Typical antislime agents include bromium, organic sulfur, aldehydes, and quaternary ammonium compounds. Anti-slimes are effective in acidic and soluble medium making them widely applicable incooling towers and fuel storage tanks. Most antislime agents in powder and liquid emulsion form are extensively used in pulp and paper industry as a cost saving material.
Usage of advanced antislime agents such as Peraclean with disinfectant properties is expected to drive the demand for the global anti-slime market during the forecast period.Furthermore, production of advanced antislime agents such as piror 850 slimicide with no heavy metals and no adverse effects on the environment compared to other slimicide creates new opportunities in the paper making industry enhancing the market size over the projected timeframe. However, slimicides containing hydroxyacetophenone may lead to dermatitis that can negatively influence the market growth.
The global antislime market is segmented by type, application, end user, and region. By type, the market is bifurcated intonon-oxidising and oxidising. By application, the market is classified into cataract surgery, wood preservation, intraocular lenses, water treatment, and others. By end user, it is classified into pharmaceutical, pulp & paper, and others. By region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
Some of the key players working in the global antislime market include Auchtel Product Limited,Finor Piplaj Chemicals, Calgon Bio-Organics, Perekop Bromine, Acuro Organics Limited, U. S. Steriles, Chemtex Speciality Limited, andothers.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- The global antislime market size has been analyzed across four major regions.
- Porter’s five force analysis helps to analyze the potential of buyers & suppliers and the competitive scenario of global antislime market for strategy building.
- The report outlines the current market trends and future scenario of the market size to understand the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- Major countries in each region have been mapped according to their individual revenue contribution to the regional market.
- The key drivers, restraints, opportunities & global antislime market trends along with their detailed impact analysis are elucidated in the study.
- The global antislime market analysis covers in-depth information of the major industry participants.
Antislime Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Finor Piplaj Chemicals, Chemtex Speciality Limited, Acuro Organics Limited, Perekop Bromine, U. S. Steriles, Auchtel Product Limited, Calgon Bio-Organics