Asia-Pacific Solar Energy Panel Market Overview:
Asia-Pacific Solar Energy Panel Market is expected to garner $37.8 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 14.8% during the forecast period 2014-2020. A solar panel comprises a cluster of solar cells that generate electricity through sunlight. Thin film and crystalline silicon which includes monocrystalline & polycrystalline, are the two common types of solar cells. Thin film cells are comparatively cheaper than silicon cells. The growth of solar energy panel market is considerably rising in the Asia-Pacific countries due to favorable government regulations and increasing customer inclination towards the applications of sustainable energy.
The rising cost of fossil fuels and increasing consumer awareness towards solar energy have resulted in a high production of solar panels. Low conversion efficiency is a major concern for this market, as the rate of energy conversion is low which eventually affects the power generation capacity of solar power plants.
JinkoSolar holdings, based in Japan, launched a new solar module series eagle+ in May 2014 to increase the performance of solar products. The eagle+ series module features innovative cell and assembly technology which allows them to remain PID free under 85 degrees Celsius and in 85% of relative humidity, which is 10 times higher than International Electro technical Commission standards. Eagle+ series module minimizes the possibility of snail trailing and yellowing which results from long term use and provides new standards to render an optimum performance in this solar market. This market is segmented on the basis of Type, End User, Mounting Systems and Country.
The key players operating in this market are Canadian Solar First Solar, Jinko Solar, Sharp, Suntech Power Holdings, Trina Solar, Yingli Green Energy Holding Bosch Solar Energy, Hanwha SolarOne, JA Solar Holdings, LDK Solar, Panasonic and SolarWorld.
KEY TAKE AWAYS
- The report provides an in depth analysis of the Asia-Pacific solar energy panel market with current and future trends
- This report highlights the key drivers, opportunities and restraints of the market along with an impact analysis of the forecast period
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market
- Market estimation for type, end user and geography segment is derived from the current market scenario and expected market trends
- The Porters five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and the suppliers participating in this market. This would further lend a competitive edge to the stakeholders and help in better decision making
Asia-Pacific Solar Energy Panel Market Report Highlights
By Mounting Systems
By End User
Key Market Players
JA Solar Holdings, JinkoSolar Holding co.,ltd, Hanergy Holding Group, LDK Solar Co. Ltd, Canadian solar Inc., Trina Solar Ltd, Solar World, Suntech Power Holdings, Yingli Solar, First Solar