Aphakia Market Statistics 2030:
Aphakia is a condition in which crystalline lens of the eye is not present in its normal position of papillary area. Either there is no lens inside the eye or the lens is subluxated/dislocated. This condition is most common in adults with cataract, but it can also affect infants and children. Options available to correct aphakia are glasses, contact lens, kerato refractive surgery, and intraocular lens (IOL). Replacement of the crystalline lens with a spectacle lens causes the image on patient’s retina to be roughly 25% larger than the image formed with the crystalline lens. The exact magnification is determined by the power of the aphakic spectacles.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
The pandemic has led to an unprecedented burden on the healthcare system, providers, patients, and the general public. The virus and its subsequent impact have not, however, affected all individuals equally. Specifically, racial and ethnic minorities and those individuals with comorbidities have been disproportionately affected by COVID-19. The National Blindness and Visually Impaired Survey 2019 claims that the most number of cases of blindness in India happen due to preventable causes. This means the rate of diagnosis is the major issue here. Blindness (92.9%) and visual impairment (96.2%) can be well prevented only if diagnosis and treatment are carried out on time. With the ongoing pandemic and previous lockdown, the lag of 3-4 months of not visiting a doctor for eye issues has certainly added to the burden of the blind population.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Increase in prevalence of eye diseases is expected to drive the demand for diagnostic and monitoring equipment in the ophthalmic devices industry. Rise in surgeries associated with eye disorders has increased the growth of the diagnostic and monitoring ophthalmic market. According to the National Institute of Health (NIH), by 2050, the number of people in the U.S. with cataract is expected to double from 24.4 million to about 50 million. Majority of cases will affect white people; however, Hispanic Americans are expected to have the most rapid increase in prevalence from 1.76 million cases to 9.51 million. Furthermore, surge in prevalence of diabetes & other diseases is the crucial aspect of rise in the market revenue of aphakia as well as increase in demand for better treatment will foster market growth. According to the Centers for Disease Control National Diabetes Statistics Report for 2020, cases of diabetes have risen to an estimated 34.2 million. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Trusted Source, about 32.2% percent of adults age 45 and over living with diabetes have cataracts. However, lack of awareness of eye disorders in developing and underdeveloped countries is expected to hinder the growth of the aphakia market.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global aphakia market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the aphakia market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global aphakia market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed aphakia market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the aphakia market research report
- Which are the leading players active in the aphakia market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Aphakia Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
CooperVision, Inc., Ophtec BV, Johnson and Johnson, Lifecore Biomedical, LLC, Bausch and Lomb, Carl Zeiss AG, Alcon Laboratories, Inc., Aetna Inc., Rayner Company, Bohus BioTech AB