API Testing Market Statistics: 2027
Application Programming interface (API) is the center of development, transferring data and logic across systems and applications. API is the connecting tissue between different systems or layers of an application. It enables communication and data exchange between two separate software systems. It contains a set of routines, protocols, and tools for building software applications APIs also specify how one software program should interact with other software programs.
API testing tools validate application programming interfaces to check functionality, reliability, performance, and security of the programming interface. API testing is intended to reveal bugs, inconsistence or deviations from the expected behavior. It also makes sure to continue to work when the public has access to it.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The emergence of COVID-19 pandemic has severely affected almost all the industries across the world. Further, lockdown enforcements and restrictions on movements of non-essential goods and resources in various countries have disrupted the supply chain of electronic components & networking equipment. This led to the delay in supply of electronic components in the manufacture of network equipment.
- It is expected that the U.S. and global tech market growth to slow down to nearly 2% in 2020 due to which ICT spending in major economies, such as the U.S., declined in the first half of 2020 but managed to recover in the second half. As the U.S. is a large market for the ICT industry, decline in its spending capacity is expected to impact negatively on the API testing market growth in the upcoming years.
- In addition, spending on tech consulting and systems integration services is witnessing temporary slowdown and is expected to fall by 5% if big IT organizations cancel their new tech projects.
- However, the industry is expected to suffer from recession in almost every sector. The computer and equipment spending is expected to be the weakest sector, followed with tech spending and system integration. Software spending growth is expected to witness a decline. Fortunately, organizations are still predicting a growth in demand for cloud infrastructure services and potential increase in spending on specialized software.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Factors, such as growing adoption of agile and devOps practices for software development and open API strategies, increase in adoption of modern techniques of application software, and growth in complexities in the IT sector, drive the growth of the market. In addition, rise in awareness about numerous benefits, such as easy access to application without user interference, protection from malicious code & breakage, reduced testing cost, increase in need for testing the performance of software’s further, fuel the market growth. However, high initial setup cost of API testing and problems regarding the safety & privacy of the data hinder the growth of the market. Furthermore, new product launches for improved performance of testing and growth in adoption of agile and devOps are also expected to enhance the opportunities for the API testing market.
Growth in adoption of API testing due to reduced effective cost:
API test automation requires less code than GUI automated tests, thus providing faster test results and test coverage. The end-result of faster testing is a reduction in overall testing costs. It also provides an early evaluation of its overall build strength before running GUI test. Early detection of errors reduces the manual testing code while API test automation increases the depth and scope of the tests.
Emergence of mobile and hybrid APIs:
Desktop, web apps along with APIs make up the current majority of applications tested. In the next few years, developers and testers across the globe expect mobile web and mobile native apps to overtake desktop apps and drive more consumers with web applications; hence, API is expected to continue to grow along with hybrid and package apps. In addition, due to the immense growth of API testing, multiple companies are launching their own services. Recently, Twitter introduced a new program, Twitter Developer Labs, which is a larger effort to build and validate potential new API products and to reconnect with developers. These product launches are expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the API testing market in the upcoming years.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global API testing market along with current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global API testing market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global API testing market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the API testing market.
- The report provides detailed API testing market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
API Testing Market Report Highlights
By Deployment Type
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
LogiGear Corporation, Inflectra Corporation Infosys, Bleum, IBM, Cigniti Technologies, Axway, Cygnet Infotech, Load Impact, Astegic, CA Technologies