Polyvinyl butyral (PVB) is a resin produced by treating polyvinyl alcohol with butyraldehyde. It is employed in various applications requiring toughness, flexibility, optical clarity, strong binding, and adhesion to different surfaces. Thus, films made of PVB resins act as interlayers in laminated safety glass used in architectural, automotive, and other industries.
Architectural PVB films are the interlayers bonded in between two panels of laminated glass under heat & pressure, such that even if the glass is broken, the PVB films hold back the fragmented pieces of glass and prevent it from shattering. In addition, they provide protection from harmful UV rays, unnecessary noises, and outer heat. The interior applications are flooring, partitions, windows, skylights, doors, furniture, retail shelving, and balustrades, while the exterior applications are curtain walls, doors, wall coverings, windows, overhead glazing, and others.
The growth of the global architectural PVB film market is majorly driven by increase in industrialization & urbanization activities, especially in emerging economies. Moreover, developing infrastructure and construction industries supplement the market growth. However, rise in trend for PVB recycling activities in developed countries hampers the market growth.
The report segments the architectural PVB film market on the basis of product, application, and geography. Based on product, the market is divided into standard film and high performance. By application, it is bifurcated into exterior and interior. Geographical breakdown of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players provided in the report are:
- ChangChun Group
- Eastman Chemical
- Huakai Plastic
- Kingboard Chemical Holdings
- RongXin New Materials
- Zhejiang Decent Plastic
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging estimations & dynamics of the global architectural PVB film market.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- Detailed analysis of the industry based on the product and application help to understand its trending variety along with potential application during the analysis period.
- Porters Five Forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplierbuyer network.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring of top players within the market framework.
Architectural PVB Film Market Key Segments:
- Standard Film
- High Performance
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA