Architectural LED Lighting Market Outlook – 2027
Architectural light emitting diode (LED) lighting is a fusion of art and technology, which is concerned regarding the design of natural or electrical lighting systems in various patterns and formats through illumination of buildings or spaces to see clearly without any discomfort. This LED lighting technology focuses on three factors, which include aesthetic appeal of a building, measure of how much function lighting plays in concerned area, and energy-efficiency to ensure that the light is not wasted by over-illumination unnecessarily.
Architectural LED lighting finds high scope in commercial and residential sectors among others as it is the most energy-efficient recyclable technology turning 80% of the energy to visible light and just 20% is wasted in the form of heat. In addition, LED lighting technology is 25 times more longer lasting than incandescent and halogen with an expected operating time of 50000 hours, thus reducing maintenance expenditure and enhancing product quality standards. This lighting technology does not contain any filament or glass elements sensitive to temperature.
In addition, it is environment-friendly and helps to reduce carbon emissions as it does not contain toxic materials such as mercury. It is highly praised for its versatile limitless function and design and can also emit a variety of colors, thus influencing mood, texture, and spatial awareness in collaboration with architecture. Innovations in this technology offer smart architectural lighting solutions with the help of sensors that observe people and set lighting intensity to necessary levels automatically. Extensive use of this technology is expected to lead to a significant growth of the architectural LED lighting market share in the coming years.
The global architectural LED lighting market is segmented on the basis of type, product type, application, technology, industry vertical, and region. Based on type, the market is divided into cove, soffit, and valance. In terms of product type, the architectural LED lighting market is categorized into solar lamp, conventional lamp, table lamp, floor lamp, and other luminaire. The conventional lamp further bifurcated into strip and linear. On the basis of application, the market is divided into indoor lighting, outdoor lighting, functional lighting, and decorative lighting.
In terms of technology, the architectural LED lighting market is categorized into ultra-violet LED, high brightness LED, polymer LED, organic LED, and basic LED. On the basis of industry vertical, the market is segmented into industrial, residential, commercial, and others. Geographically, the architectural LED lighting market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Top Impacting Factors
Recently, worldwide surges in construction of artistic buildings that are deployed with energy-efficient LED lighting for eye-catching aesthetics and innovative design have been witnessed. Increased implementation of modern, reliable LED-lighting systems in hospitals, commercial buildings, stringent government regulations regarding deployment of linear and strip LED lamps featuring low carbon footprint, and reduction in overall energy expenditure are some factors that propel the architectural LED lighting market growth.
However high initial cost of installation of LED lighting, lack of skilled workforce, and stringent, time-consuming safety and energy saving standards restrain the market growth. According to the Underwriters Laboratories (UL) LED lights undergo instantaneous performance tests providing instant results on energy efficiency.
In addition, endurance measurement test in LED technology require continuous testing over nine months, which makes time-consuming and expensive. Contrarily rapid penetration of internet, technological shift from conventional to enhanced energy-efficient standards, and display backlighting development are expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the architectural LED lighting industry.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
Launch of new products with improved competitive capabilities such as unique and efficient lighting designs along with power consumption efficiency are being incorporated in the LED technology and are being, introduced by key architectural LED lighting market players in their product offerings to promote efficient consumer experience.
In February 2020, K-Lite Industries, manufacturer of indoor and outdoor luminaires, launched a new series of architectural LED lighting that includes Fascade lighting, in-ground luminaire, up-ground lighting, billboard lighting, and sleek popular lighting solutions. The luminaires are RoHS, LM 79 offering efficacy more than 100 and varied optical options for lighting distribution. In addition, compact and sleek polar lighting solutions are ideal for contemporary smart and modern architectural construction.
Surge in Use in the Automotive Industry
Architectural LED lighting not only enhance aesthetic looks of inner and outer parts of vehicles but also plays a significant role in maintaining vehicle and road safety. In January 2020, OsRam Licht AG, a German multinational lighting manufacturer, announced ultra-slim LED Oslon Boost HM for headlights that deliver brightness of 415lm at 1.5A, with a compact chip area of 0.5sq mm.
Key Benefits of the Stakeholders
- The study gives an analytical overview of the architectural LED lighting market trends with current trends and future estimations to determine imminent investment pockets.
- The report analyses information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed architectural LED lighting market analysis.
- The architectural LED lighting market size is quantitatively analyzed.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- This ongoing COVID-19 pandemic is abruptly re-shaping everything from global economy to product category and pricing & stock availability to consumer behavior. Since the supply chain of the LED lighting industry is mostly located in Asia with major manufacturing in China, the market is experiencing downfall, owing to lack of manpower from economy shutdown.
- Many lighting projects are on hold and orders are getting suspended, which has led to unprecedented loss of revenue. However, there is rise in demand for products such as ultraviolet C LED, social distance
- controlling infrared camera, and horticulture lighting to support food supply.
- UVC-LEDs with a wavelength range of 100 to 280nm are deadly for certain viruses and bacteria as they artificially generate a C-band, which shreds genetic material of the organisms. In April 2020, Seoul Semiconductor, a major manufacturer and provider of semiconductor components used UVC-LEDs in its robots and machines. The ultraviolet C LEDs are capable enough to sterilize 99.9% of SARS-COV-2, virus causing COVID-19, in 3seconds.
- In addition, innovative agriculture technology such as vertical farming using LED lighting is being adopted by government worldwide to tackle global food shortage.
Questions Answered in the Architectural LED Lighting Market Research Report
- Who are the leading players in the architectural LED lighting market?
- What are the current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the architectural LED lighting market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the architectural LED lighting market?
Architectural LED Lighting Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
GE Lighting LLC, Cree Corporation, Mitsubishi, Digital Lumens Inc., Samsung Corp., Everlight Electronics, Cooper Industries plc, Zumtobel AG, Osram Licht AG, Toshiba Corp.