Arterial blood sampling system is a medical device used to collect arterial blood to determine arterial blood gases. The sample is usually obtained through a syringe or an injection which first punctures the artery and subsequently collects the blood sample. Furthermore, use of catheters is used for blood sample collection. The choice of artery varies with respect to blood collection such as radial artery. It is located on the wrist primarily closer to thumb. Alternatively brachial or femoral arteries may also be used for arterial blood sampling. It is quite crucial to maintain basic standard procedure while the process is being under taken to prevent complications such as collection of venous vis-à-vis arterial blood, delay in the specimen transportation, or improper quantity of heparin in the syringe. Furthermore, few of the complications associated with arterial blood sampling include arteriospasm, also known as involuntary contraction of artery, hematoma, also referred to as excessive bleeding, and fainting or vasovagal damage. Instruments associated with arterial blood sampling include pre-heparinized syringe, needles of different lengths, and a container with crushed ice. Sampling procedure involves locating the radial artery and subsequent Allen test for collateral circulation. Subsequently, the needle is inserted at a 45 degree angle. Once the sample is taken, the site is covered with cotton wool or a gauze for sufficient time to help stop bleeding.
Arterial blood sampling systems market can be segmented based on the type with vacuum blood collection system dominating the market. Additionally, the market can also be segmented based on end users with hospital and diagnostic laboratories being the dominant ones.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the arterial blood sampling systems market.
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in the cases of infectious and chronic diseases across globe coupled with surge in need for advanced pharmaceutical medical devices for diagnosis, sampling, and collection of blood & plasma are anticipated to drive market growth for arterial blood sampling systems.
Rise in demand for blood samples, owing to rise in fractures and accidents is further expected to drive the market growth for arterial blood sampling systems.
Shift toward research and development of advanced blood sample collection systems coupled with favorable reimbursement policies and rise of global & regional players is anticipated to further boost the market growth.
However, huge costs associated with design and development of novel methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) drugs may hamper market growth. The trend is more likely to be witnessed in underdeveloped and low economic power regions.
Additionally, reductions in hospital readmissions programs in Asia-Pacific and the Middle East may hamper market growth for arterial blood sampling systems in the regions.
Key Market Trends
- North America is anticipated to gain huge market traction with respect to surgical procedures owing to rising number of chronic diseases in the region coupled with robust government support on latest blood sampling kits.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to witness exponential growth owing to rise in the demand for surgical procedures in the region.
- Vyaire Medical has recently developed arterial blood gas kits (ABGK). It makes use of lyophilized heparin to preserve and store blood sample integrity. This, in turn, is expected to reduce risk of dilution errors that is associated with liquid heparin.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the arterial blood sampling systems industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the arterial blood sampling systems market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Arterial Blood Sampling Systems Report
- Which are the leading players active in the arterial blood sampling systems market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow during the forecast period?
- What are the adoption trends for the arterial blood sampling systems market in emerging economies and established economies across the world?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What are the impacts of COVID-19 in the industry?
- What is arterial blood sampling systems?
- What is the arterial blood sampling systems market prediction in the future?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
Arterial Blood Sampling Systems Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Terumo Corporation, Sekisui Medical Co. Ltd, Medtronic plc, FL Medical s.r.l., Hongyu Medical, Greiner Bio-One, Becton Dickinson, Sarstedt, Inc, F.Hoffman La-Roche Ltd, QIAGEN, LIUYANG SANLI MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT CO., LTD, Narang Medical Ltd