Artificial grass refers to the surface of artificial synthetic fibers that looks similar to the natural grass. It is generally used in the covered sports complexes, residential, and commercial complexes and consists of synthetic fibers that is often made of polypropylene or polyethylene. It is one length and does not require trimming & maintenance. For example, to make the lawns attractive, the artificial grass lawns look similar to natural grass lawns that are cost effective and easy to maintain. The artificial grass provides benefits such as no watering, uniform low maintenance, weather resistant, no fertilizer requirement, and no mowing.
Covid-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The demand for the artificial grass is expected to decrease in 2020 due to lockdown imposed by the government and low demand from sport complexes.
- Coronavirus has affected the import and export of construction materials. China is the largest exporter of construction materials globally. Negative trends in the economy of China are anticipated to reduce the global import and export throughout the globe.
- Demand for new construction materials have witnessed a massive negative shift since the corona outbreak in December 2019, with manufactures and investors fearing an excessively receding economic growth.
- Travel prohibitions around the globe have affected the trade of construction materials. Thus, the supply and demand for construction materials are almost halted throughout the globe.
- Construction materials manufacturing companies located in China, are the major sufferers of from the virus outbreak, owing to lockdown and unavailability of logistics in the region.
- The major hindrance for the global construction materials market comes from the orders of home quarantine by respective governments, which has led to the discontinuing of production of construction materials.
- Decreased consumer demand and consumption has led to reduction and slow down of sales of construction materials all over the globe over the course of the current economic year.
- Therefore, the artificial grass market is expected to be negatively affected in 2020.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends , Drivers and Impact Analysis
The significant increase of artificial grass in the sport fields owing to rise in number of sport events and unfavorable climate conditions to grow natural grass is expected to fuel the growth of the artificial grass market. The increase in artificial grass for landscaping in commercial and residential applications is majorly contributing toward the growth of the artificial grass market. It retains its color and resiliency for several years without the waste of water and fertilizers. These factors are majorly contributing toward the growth of the artificial grass market. Europe holds the largest market share in the artificial grass market followed by North America. However, the high initial cost factor of artificial grass can hamper the growth of the market.
The global artificial grass market trends are:
New launches to flourish the market
In the past few years, artificial grass is having a major role as a construction material for residential and non-residential applications. In March, 2018 one of the global leaders in artificial grass, Synthetic Grass Warehouse, launched the realistic artificial turf Everlast Turf. The Everlast turf includes blades of 1.87 inch with a wide range of color from green to brown shades used in residential gardens and sport fields.
High demand from applications
The artificial grass are used in wide variety of applications such as sport complexes, residential gardens, balconies & rooftop gardens, lawns, sport field in schools & colleges, nurseries, golf areas, hotels, and office spaces. The artificial grass can be used in landscaping applications including lawns and backyards. The demand from the artificial grass in the lawns for the dog and pet owners is expected to create significant growth of the artificial grass market owing to cleaning of urine scorched stuffs and bald patches in the lawns easily. Further, the artificial grass is installed in the sports field due to variable climatic conditions to grow natural grass and high level of maintenance required in the natural grass. The increase in demand for the artificial grass in the hospitality applications is expected to boost the growth of the artificial grass market. For example, in hotel the artificial grass is implemented in the entrances, courtyards, and lawns to create an aesthetic look to these areas with a low maintenance.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the artificial grass market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the artificial grass market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the artificial grass market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Artificial Grass Market Report Highlights
By Fiber Material Type
Key Market Players
ForestGrass, Holding GmbH, CoCreation Grass Corporation, the Dow Chemical Company, Shaw Industries, Synlawn Artificial Grass, FieldGrass, Victoria PLC (Avalon Grass), Sportfield Deutschland, Controlled Products, LLC., SIS Pitches, Matrix Grass, Global Syn-Grass, Inc., Tarkett, ACT Global, Dowdupont