Artillery System Market Outlook - 2027
The global artillery system market is experiencing a significant growth due to surge in cross border conflicts. Artillery system is a long-range weapon. Artillery fires munition far beyond the range of infantry & tank. Artillery gun aims & fires a projectile without relying on the direct line of sight between the target and artillery gun. Hence, artillery gun uses various system to track & locate target out of its line of sight. Various artillery systems include target acquisition system, communication system, and command & control system among others. Artillery systems are used extensively for delivering close supporting fire to suppress and neutralize enemy forces in battle.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Artillery manufacturers are forced to shut down production operations due to supply chain disruption caused by the government policies to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Defense contractors are facing short term operational issues due to lack of workforce owing to travel restrictions imposed by authorities all over the world to control the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Artillery gun shell manufacturers are also unable to produce and supply shells to the military agencies owing to the trade restrictions allowing only supply of essentials such as food and safety equipment.
- Governments are diverting all financial resources to combat COVID-19 pandemic; hence procurement and deployment of artillery system will be adversely affected.
- Travel ban imposed by authorities in the wake of COVID-19 will hamper the testing and development of artillery system due to defense system developer’s reliance on international workforce.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Surge in military expenditure, increase in demand for long range fire support, and rise in adoption of military modernization programs are some of the factors that drive the global artillery system market. However, large storage facilities required for large artillery system hinders the market growth. On the contrary, self-propelled artillery system and automation of artillery firing system present new pathways in the industry.
The global artillery system market trends are as follows:
Surge in military expenditure
Various nations are investing in advance weapon system to establish dominance in the battlefield. Recently, in 2019, BAE Systems (a British aerospace & defense company headquartered in Farnborough, UK) launched a new truck mounted version of ARCHER (a self-propelled artillery gun) mobile howitzer (a short barrel artillery system). New ARCHER needs less than 30 seconds to deploy or displace, making it a perfect shoot-and-scoot weapon system adaptable to diverse terrains and battlefield weapon system. Such investment in modular modification of existing weapons systems is expected to drive the global artillery system market.
Demand for long range fire support
Long range artillery cover fire helps the ground forces by neutralizing enemy fire support. Recently, in 2020, Russia has produced its first batch of S35 Koalitsiya-SV self-propelled howitzer (a short barrel artillery system) featuring automatic real-time fire control system. Koalitsiya-SV uses 152 mm rounds up to a range of 50 KM and capable of firing up to 10 rounds per minute, hence surpassing all other similar artillery system. Such development of long-range weapon system is expected to boost the global artillery system market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global artillery system industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global artillery system market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global artillery system market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global artillery system market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the artillery system market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the artillery system market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Artillery System Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
BAE Systems, Hanwha Group, RUAG Group., Denel SOC Ltd, General Dynamic, Elbit Systems, Avibras, ST Engineering, Lockheed Martin, IMI Systems