Packaging is an important factor for any industry. Without proper packaging, the safety of the product inside the packaging cannot be ensured. Aseptic paper packaging is an effective way of packaging. Aseptic paper packaging is used in different industries such as manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, and food & beverages. For flat top carton, it comes under the paper packaging product category. This type of packaging provides many environmental advantages over other conventional type of packaging. Moreover, aseptic paper packaging for flat top carton provides extra safety to the cartons of different shapes and sizes.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The demand for aseptic paper packaging for flat top carton is expected to decrease in 2020 due to low demand from different industries, such as food & beverages, due to the lockdown imposed by government of many countries.
- COVID-19 crisis is likely to affect the aseptic paper packaging for flat top carton industry negatively as a result of halted manufacturing and massive reduction in demand for luxury and non-essential services globally.
- COVID-19 crisis had a mixed impact on the packaging industry, mainly due to closure of physical retail stores globally. However, the availability of online retailing has absorbed the high impact of this shutdown.
- The requirement of e-commerce specific packaging is likely to remain strong, although the ecommerce companies would have to focus on protection of goods and sanitization of packages.
- In addition, the food packaging industry is on the frontline within the global packaging market, owing to the demand for essential products, such as groceries and fresh food, mainly from local e-retail sites.
- Industrial, transportation, and bulk packaging have faced a sharp decline, owing to decreased demand for non-essential goods during the first two quarters of 2020.
- The packaging industry might face significant pressure of reduction in both wholesale as well as retail costs, owing to the lowered disposable income of maximum population and weak demand for packaging from industrial goods.
- Consumers are likely to stay hesitant for consumption of luxury products, travel, and hospitality services, which is expected to hinder the packaging industry growth in the future after the COVID-19 crisis.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Flat top cartons are also known as shelf stable or liquid brick cartons. They are generally used in the food & beverages industry for sealing and packing a variety of drinks such as energy drinks, carbonated drinks, and cold drinks. They are also used in dairy for packaging of milk products. These flat cartons are made up aseptic paper material.
The shelf life of liquid products, such as ice cream mix, liquid egg, yogurt, fruit juices, and milk, is considered to be less. Therefore, these products must be consumed within limited period. By using aseptic paper packaging, waste can be minimized and the liquid product’s shelf life can be increased. This is an important feature of aseptic paper packaging; therefore it is widely used in the dairy and beverage industry. There is also a high possibility of tampering of unpacked food. Therefore, tamper resistance solutions, such as aseptic paper packaging, for flat top carton is used. Such packaging contains tamper evident seals, which are very useful for liquid product packaging. In addition, brick shaped of this packaging helps for convenient stacking. In aseptic process, the liquid products that are thermally sterilized are packaged into the container after sterilization such that such food products can be shelf stable and do not require any kind of refrigeration.
Many companies look for a product packaging solution, which is eco-friendly and sustainable. Governments of many countries have banned the use of plastic packaging. However, many companies especially in the food & beverages industry are using aseptic paper packaging as it is a re-usable packaging solution and its decomposition is also easy. This is the key driving factor for aseptic paper packaging for flat top carton market growth. Further, by using aseptic paper packaging for flat top carton, transportation of the product becomes easy while the product quality is maintained. Therefore, the demand for aseptic paper
packaging for flat top carton is expected to rise in near future.
New product launch to boost market
Many companies in the packaging market are trying to develop and introduce new products in the market. These new products are more effective and provide better packaging to the products. In September 2018, Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd launched new aseptic paper package filling system, Nsatom. It maintains the hygienic quality of the product and has a unique shape, which enables easy pouring of the beverage into the packaging.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the aseptic paper packaging for flat top carton market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the aseptic paper packaging for flat top carton market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the aseptic paper packaging for flat top carton market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Aseptic Paper Packaging for Flat Top Carton Market Report Highlights
By Paper Type
By Packaging Structure
Key Market Players
Polyoak Packaging Group Ltd., flex Ltd., Weyerhaeuser Company, Greatview Aseptic Packaging Co. Ltd., Mondi Ltd., Evergreen Packaging Inc., TidePak Aseptic Packaging Material Co. Ltd, Clearwater Paper Corporation, SIG CombiblocObeikan (Pty) Ltd., Elopak SA, Amcor Limited, Lami Packaging Co.