APAC Cosmetics Market Overview:
Asia-Pacific Cosmetics Market is expected to garner $126.8 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 4.02% during the forecast period 2015 - 2020. Asia-Pacific is the second largest market for cosmetics after Europe. It is one of the most diverse and dynamic markets in the cosmetics industry across the world. Skin care, sun care, hair care, color cosmetics, deodorants and fragrances are some of the popular categories of cosmetics used in the region.
The growing use of products such as body moisturizing lotions, sun screen lotions and creams, facial wipes, face wash, hair styling gels, creams and make up products for men and women is fuelling the growth of the cosmetics market in Asia-Pacific region. The increasing usage is driven by the growing consciousness regarding personal appearance among individuals and rising disposable incomes. Additionally, demand for natural and organic cosmetic products is supplementing the growth of this market.
Products under skin and sun care category are widely used and generate largest revenue for the market. China holds the largest market share in skin care and sun care category of cosmetics, followed by Japan. Retail and online are two primary modes of sale for cosmetics. Presently, customers prefer supermarkets, brand outlets and other retail means to purchase cosmetic products and hence, the percentage share of retail sale is comparatively high. A trend of using online medium is expected to be on rise during the forecast period. Online mode of sale is expected to grow rapidly at a CAGR of 10.3% during the forecast period.
The market is segmented based on category, mode of sale, gender and country. The category segment comprises of skin and sun care products, hair care products, deodorants, makeup and color cosmetics, and fragrances. Skin & sun care, and hair care products are the most widely used products and hold a considerable percentage share in the cosmetic products category. The mode of sale segment comprises of retail and online sale. Presently, along with women, men are also increasingly using cosmetics in their daily lives for grooming and enhancing their looks. The growing consciousness for maintaining ones personal appearance is leading the men segment to grow at a rapid pace during forecast period. Geographically, the industry is segmented into Japan, China, India, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand and Rest of Asia-Pacific.
Big players in the market are launching new brands to expand their geographic reach. For instance, in April 2015, KOSE, a Tokyo-based company has launched a new skin care brand Spawake in India. Moreover, market players are also launching new products in order to meet the rising demand of natural and organic cosmetic products. For instance, in July 2014, Himalaya launched a new product in skin care category for men in India. The key players profiled in this report are L'oreal Group, Avon Products Incorporation, Proctor & Gamble Corporation, Unilever, Oriflame Cosmetics, Revlon Incorporation, Kao Corporation, Estee Lauder Companies Incorporation, Biotique and Shiseido Company, Limited.
APAC COSMETICS MARKET KEY TAKE AWAYS
- Report highlights the changing market dynamic factors, current and expected trends in Asia Pacific market and market intelligence
- Porters five forces analysis illustrates the potency of the buyers and sellers operating in the market and would help in developing effective strategies
- Value chain analysis of the industry provides a clear view of the key intermediaries and value additions at every stage in the chain
- The report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2020 that assist in identifying the prevailing market opportunities to capitalize on
- The report includes an in-depth analysis of the Asia-Pacific cosmetics market, including information about current market trends
- Insights regarding latent opportunities would help stakeholders in implementing strategic business plans
APAC COSMETICS MARKET KEY SEGMENTS
The market is segmented by category, mode of sale, gender and geography.
- Skin & Sun Care Products
- Hair Care Products
- Makeup & Color Cosmetics
By Mode of sale
- Retail sales
- Online sales
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Avon Products Incorporation
- Procter & Gamble Corporation
- Revlon Incorporation
- Kao Corporation
- Estee Lauder Companies, Incorporation
- Shiseido Company, Limited