Dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) results from heart enlargement. It is a fetal cardiac disorder, where heart walls become weak and heart fails to pump blood efficiently. It could have negative impact on lungs, liver and other important organs due to improper supply of blood. Left ventricle is the major pumping chamber that can be initially affected in cardiomyopathy causing its enlargement. The other symptoms of cardiomyopathy include irregular heartbeats, blood clots and valve problems. Male individuals are more prone to cardiomyopathy than female individuals. The causes for dilated cardiomyopathy are genetic defects, infections, birth defects, certain cancer medications, drug and alcohol abuse and exposure to toxic metals. The available treatments focus to improve the blood flow of heart, which is the primary leads to cardiomyopathy.
The Asia-pacific market for dilated cardiomyopathy is segmented on the basis of treatment types and geography. The currently available treatment includes drugs and implantable devices. The different types of drugs used to treat dilated cardiomyopathy include angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, beta blockers, aldosterone antagonists, digitalis, angiotensin II receptor blockers and anticoagulants. Various therapy devices include implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs), biventricular pacemakers and heart pumps. Geographically, the Asia-pacific market for dilated cardiomyopathy is segmented into China, Japan, India, Indonesia, Singapore and others. India and China are promising market for the growth of dilated cardiomyopathy market due to the high prevalence of disease conditions such as cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
ZensunSci & tech, Aastrom Biosciences, Capricor Therapeutics, t2cure GmbH, Kasiak Research Pvt. Ltd. and MyoKardia are some of the key players operating in this market. Capricor Therapeutics, a California-based company, focused to develop the regenerative medicines and large molecule products for the treatment of heart diseases including dilated cardiomyopathy.
- Pin-point analysis of geographic segments help to identify opportunities for growth within the dilated cardiomyopathy market
- Porters Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the dilated cardiomyopathy market and would assist market strategists in their respective decision making process
- In-depth coverage of the dilated cardiomyopathy market including drivers, restraints and opportunities that would help professionals to better understand market behavior
- Detailed study of the strategies of key leaders, partnerships and acquisitions in the dilated cardiomyopathy market would prove to be informative for professionals in corporate sector
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the current market and estimations through 20142020, which would enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities
- SWOT analysis enables to study the internal environment of the leading companies for strategy formulation
ASIA-PACIFIC DILATED CARDOMYOPATHY MARKET KEY SEGMENT
The Asia-pacific market for dilated cardiomyopathy is segmented into two broad categories such as treatment types and geography.
BY TREATMENT TYPES
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors
- Beta blockers
- Aldosterone antagonists
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers
- Therapy Devices (Implantable Devices)
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs)
- Biventricular pacemakers
- Heart pumps
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY