E-Waste comprises of household appliances and used electronic devices that are rendered functionless. The ongoing industrialization and technological advancements lead to product launch and upgrades to existing products, which further leads to obsoleting products and subsequently results in a huge volume of electric and electronic wastes. The government regulations in Asia-Pacific countries such as China, India and Singapore mandate the recycling of E-Wastes. Moreover, increase in buying power of consumers along with the above mentioned factors results in the reduced shelf life of electronic products.
The increasing exports of electronic waste to countries like China and India, from developed regions, has led to the formulation of stringent regulatory norms as a strong measure to curb the illegal trade practices and transfer the waste to regulated recycling companies. The constant upgrades in technology impel the need for the safe disposal of E waste in this region. The impending need of disposing these huge volumes of E-Waste along with issues related to environmental degradation and health concerns pose a major challenge for countries. The hazards arising from unprocessed disposal of E-Waste and the heavy investments associated with the recycling of products, are key factors that restrain the market.
The E-Waste management market is segmented on the basis of E-Waste source, type and country. The E-Waste type comprises of trashed and recycled E-Waste. Some of the various sources of E-Waste include household-appliances, IT and telecommunications devices, consumer electronics and others. Further the market is segmented based on countries in Asia-Pacific region such as China, India, Japan, South-Korea, Singapore and Rest of Asia.
Some of the key players in the Asia-pacific region operating in E-Waste management are SIMS Recycling Solutions, UMICORE SA, Enviro-Hub Holdings Limited, DOWA Holding Co. Ltd., VIROGREEN, Sumitomo Corporation.
POTENTIAL BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the Asia-Pacific E-Waste Management market with current and future trends in order to gain stronger foothold in the market
- Porters five forces analysis highlights the potency of suppliers and buyers, and describes the competitive scenario of the market, which would help facilitate efficient business planning
- The report provides a detailed analysis of Asia-Pacific E-Waste Management market with respect to Source, Type and country to enable stakeholders take precise investment decisions
- The report identifies the key drivers, opportunities and restraints that shape the market and provides an impact analysis for the forecast period
E-WASTE MANAGEMENT MARKET KEY SEGMENTS
The market is segmented on the basis of source, type and country.
ASIA-PACIFIC E-WASTE MARKET BY TYPE
ASIA-PACIFIC E-WASTE MARKET BY SOURCE
- IT and Telecommunication
- Household Appliances
- Consumer Electronics and Others
ASIA-PACIFIC E-WASTE MARKET BY COUNTRY
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Sumitomo Corporation
- SIMS Recycling Solutions
- Enviro-Hub Holdings Limited
- UMICORE SA
- DOWA Holding Co. Ltd.
- MRI e-cycle Solutions
- MBA Polymers Inc.