The market for home healthcare involves broad range of the medical devices, which help the patients to diagnose or treat various chronic diseases. The home healthcare devices play a crucial role in providing the cost-effective healthcare treatments to patients. These devices provide beneficial business opportunities owing to the rising acceptance, technological advancements and cost-effective alternatives of these devices as compared to the other treatment modalities (hospital treatment). The Asia-Pacific home healthcare market is growing at a promising CAGR due to the increasing aging population and rising number of individuals diagnosed with the chronic illness such as cardiac disorders, diabetes and various respiratory diseases. In addition, the Asia-Pacific home healthcare devices are still at the nascent stage in developing regions such as India and witnessing the lucrative growth rate during the analysis period. These factors would fuel the requirements of home healthcare devices during the study period, and hence will boost the market growth. However, the high cost coupled with the reimbursement issues related with adoption of home healthcare devices would restrain the market growth.
The Asia-Pacific home healthcare market is segmented on the basis of device types, end users and geography. Based on device types, the market is segmented into diagnostics and monitoring devices, mobility assist devices, therapeutic home healthcare devices and medical supplies. Based on the end users, the Asia-Pacific home healthcare market is categorized into pediatrics, geriatrics and others. Geographically, the Asia-Pacific home healthcare market is segmented into China, Japan, India, Australia and others. Emerging economies such as India, China, Singapore and Malaysia are the potential geographies for market expansion due to improving healthcare standards. These economies have a large presence of domestic manufacturers of home healthcare devices, which contribute to an increase in the market competition for multinational giants by adopting the strategy of price penetration.
Companies profiled in this report are Bayer AG, Cardinal Health, Inc., Abbott Laboratories, GE Healthcare, Gentiva Health Services, Inc., Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Invacare Corporation, 3M Health Care, Phillips Healthcare, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Omron Healthcare, Inc. and Medtronic Inc.
KEY TAKE AWAYS
- This report includes extensive coverage of the Asia-Pacific home healthcare market including drivers, restraints and opportunities that would help professionals to better understand market behavior
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current market trends and the market potential for the period of 20142021 in terms of value
- A comprehensive analysis of device types, end users and geography segments enables the identification of growth opportunities within the Asia-Pacific home healthcare market
- Market attractiveness analysis for the Asia-Pacific home healthcare market would provide strategic assistance to decision makers
- An analysis of strategies used by key leaders within the Asia-Pacific home healthcare market would prove to be informative for professionals in the corporate sector
- Porters five forces framework examines the competitive structure of Asia-Pacific home healthcare market and would be helpful for strategic industry analysis
- Ease of doing business analysis would help in making strategic business decisions
ASIA-PACIFIC HOME HEALTHCARE MARKET KEY SEGMENTS
The Asia-Pacific home healthcare market is segmented into device types, end users and geography segments.
BY DEVICE TYPE
- Diagnostics and monitoring devices
- Mobility assist devices
- Therapeutic home healthcare devices
- Medical supplies
BY END USERS