It is the most common complications associated with hemodialysis treatment, which impairs the well-being of patient. Apart from that, it can aggravate cardiac arrhythmias and influence the coronary and/or result in cerebral ischemic diseases. In addition, the clinical IDH obstructs with an accurate dose delivery of dialysis therapeutics, as hypotension episodes lead to the compartment effect and cause suboptimal Kt/vUrea. Amongst the global population suffering from kidney failure, 76% of dialysis patients are reported to consume anti- hypertensive medications. Intra-dialytic hypotension is observed in 15% of the hemodialysis patients.
Since past few years, IDH market has gained traction, witnessed vertical growth and this trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. The main reason for this growth is the increasing number of patients suffering from kidney disorders and undergoing dialysis treatment. Other drivers for this market are the technological advancements in the medical field. Recent technological trends such as hemodialysis testing devices along with blood pressure monitors are beneficial for patients. Online hematocrit monitoring devices aid in the calculation of plasma volume changes, ultrafiltration, and plasma refill rates (such as UFR, PRR). The mismatch in the plasma refill rates help to interpret the physiology of intra-dialytic hypotension episodes. Technological reach of advanced instruments and recent trends of IDH devices in developing nations would be a key opportunity for this market. However, low purchasing power and unavailability of hospitals equipped with necessary facilities for patients are the major restraints in this market.
The IDH market is segmented based on location of testing, type of testing devices, and geography. Based on the type of testing devices, the market is further segmented into hospital testing devices and point-of-care (PoC) devices. Point-of-care (PoC) devices are beneficial for patients as they monitor inter- as well as intra-dialytic hypotension episodes. Currently, hospitals perform a majority of tests and would continue to hold a larger market share, both in terms of volume and revenue. Based on the location of testing, the market is segmented into hospital, clinic, and home testing. Asia-Pacific region, market is drill down to India, China, Japan, Australia and other. Asia-Pacific regions will grow with high speed owing to the rising technological advancements and availability of skilled labor. Healthcare infrastructure within the Asia-Pacific Intra-Dialytic Hypotension Market is improving over the years, which should benefit the investors in this market.
- The analysis made in this report helps in understanding the strategies adopted by various companies for gaining market share in IDH devices.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the IDH market.
- Detailed study of the strategies of key leaders, partnerships, and acquisitions in the Asia Pacific transdermal drug delivery systems market would be informative for professionals in the corporate sector
- Porters Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the Asia Pacific transdermal drug delivery systems market and would assist market strategists in making decisions
- Pin-point analysis of geographic segments helps to identify opportunities for growth within the Asia Pacific IDH market
- An analysis for the market potential/attractiveness has been included for various product segments, therapeutics, devices, and geographic regions along with a detailed analysis of factors responsible for the rapid growth of the market segments
- Ease of doing business analysis should help in making strategic business decisions
INTRA-DIALYTIC HYPOTENSION (IDH) ASIA-PACIFIC MARKET KEY SEGMENTS
The market is segmented based on the type of testing devices, location of testing, and by the geography. Within geographical analysis, the projections for the Asia-Pacific regions will be emphasized in following countries: India, China, Japan, Australia and Others.
By Type of Testing Devices
- Hospital devices: instruments and systems
- Hemodialysis testing devices along with blood pressure monitors
- Continuous hematocrit monitoring devices
- POC testing devices: various diagnostic kits and others
- Continuous non-invasive arterial pressure monitor (CNAP devices)
By Location of Testing
- Hospital testing
- Commercial/private hospitals
- Public health hospitals
- Home healthcare