LTE (Long-Term Evolution) is a standard for wireless data communication technology which aims to increase the capacity and speed of wireless data network. LTE can provide a data speed of up to 30 Mbps and LTE advance can even provide a speed of 100 Mbps. The LTE market is at a developing stage and is expected to grow at a dynamic rate till 2020. Asia-Pacific possesses the highest growth potential for the adoption of LTE technology.
The two primary factors that are prominently driving the market growth are, the increasing need for high data rates and greater spectral efficiency. Implementation of LTE in public sectors along with defense and security, is further driving the market exponentially. These applications require high-speed communication during emergency situations and therefore LTE is the best-suited network to fulfill such need. Furthermore, changing customer preferences and a rising demand for high-speed mobile broadband in the Asia-Pacific region indicate a great potential in the APAC market. However, fragmented and limited spectrum are the two factors that restrain the market growth.
The market is segmented on the basis of technology, application and country. The technology segment includes LTE FDD, LTE TDD and LTE Advance. The application segment includes M2M and connected devices, public safety LTE, surveillance, browsing and large enterprise, defense and security and VoLTE. The key players in this market are NTT Docomo Inc., AT&T Inc., Bharti Airtel Ltd., Vodafone Group Plc and Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- A comprehensive analysis of the LTE market, which is segmented on the basis of technology, application and geography provides a clear understanding of the market
- Quantitative analysis of the current market scenario along with market estimations through 20142020 would help stakeholders understand the prospects in this market
- Qualitative assessment and ranking of the factors affecting the APAC LTE market and their impact
- This also provides information regarding key drivers, restraints and opportunities along with an impact analysis through the forecast period
- A SWOT and competitive analysis of the key players, would help stakeholders to understand the trends followed by their competitors and in taking actionable decisions
APAC LTE MARKET KEY SEGMENTATION
The market is segmented on basis of technology, application and country.
MARKET BY TECHNOLOGY
- LTE FDD
- LTE TDD
- LTE Advance
MARKET BY APPLICATION
- M2M and Connected Device
- Public Safety LTE
- VoLTE (Voice over LTE)
- Surveillance, browsing and large enterprise
- Video on Demand
- Defence and Security
MARKET BY COUNTRY
- South Korea
- NTT Docomo Inc.
- AT&T Inc.
- Bharti Airtel Ltd.
- Vodafone Group Plc
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- LG Uplus
- SK Telecom
- China Mobile Ltd.
- LM Ericsson
- Verizon Communication Inc.