Asia-Pacific Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market Overview:
The Asia-Pacific Medical Nonwoven Disposables Market is expected to garner $3,374.9 million by 2020, registering a CAGR of 12.1% during the forecast period 2015-2020, mainly due to the increasing demand for advanced healthcare facilities, increasing count of aging population, growing awareness for the prevention of hospital acquired infections and its advantages over woven products.
Medical nonwoven disposables are mainly used in the management of incontinence conditions among patients and for the prevention of Hospital acquired infections (HAIs) and other sources of contamination. These products are increasingly gaining preference over woven products as they provide better comfort and offer increased resistance to contamination at a cheaper cost. The increasing demand for advanced healthcare facilities, growing awareness to prevent HAIs and the increasing count of aging population, significantly drive the growth of the market. Further, a rise in disposable income, improving health care infrastructure, favourable government regulations regarding health and hygiene would boost the growth of the Industry. However, the challenges involved in disposing nonwoven medical waste and the increasing practices of minimally-invasive surgeries would impede the growth of this market. Achieving economies of scale, improving the design of nonwoven products, increasing domestic production and procuring raw material from local sources are factors that would drive the industry in future.
The industry is segmented on the basis of product type and country. Based on product type, the market is segmented into Incontinence nonwoven products and Surgical nonwoven products. Incontinence products are further segmented into disposable underwears, cotton pads, panty shields and disposable diapers. Disposable diapers constituted the largest share in the incontinence product segment, in 2014. The surgical nonwoven product segment consists of disposable surgical gowns, surgical masks, sterile nonwoven swabs, surgical caps, surgical drapes, shoe covers and others. The segment of surgical nonwoven products contributed for more than 50% of the overall market revenue in 2014 owing to its large scale application in hospitals.
Geographically, the market is segmented across, China, Japan, India, Australia, Thailand, Singapore and the rest of Asia-Pacific countries. China and Japan dominate the market due to the increasing count of aging population and the rising demand for sophisticated medical facilities. However, India, Singapore and Thailand are predicted to exhibit the highest growth rates due to growing demands for advanced medical facilities, favorable governmental policies and increasing medical tourism in these regions.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the leading companies operating in the Asia Pacific market. Key companies profiled in the report are, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Polymer Group Inc., Medtronic Inc., Molnlycke Health Care AB, First Quality Enterprises, Inc., Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget, Ahlstrom, Inc., Domtar Corporation UniCharm Corporation, and Freudenberg Nonwovens.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the medical nonwoven disposables with a cross sectional analysis of the overall market
- The report helps in understanding the strategies adopted by various companies in order to gain a higher market share in the market
- Country-wise Asia Pacific medical nonwoven disposables market is comprehensively analyzed in the report
- The projections in the report are made by analyzing the current market trends and highlighting the market potential for the period of 2014 - 2020
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by closely following key product positioning and monitoring the top contenders within the market framework
ASIA-PACIFIC MEDICAL NONWOVEN DISPOSABLES MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
The Asia-Pacific medical nonwoven disposables market is segmented on the basis product type and country wise analysis.
BY PRODUCT TYPE
- Incontinence Nonwoven products
- Cotton pads
- Disposable Underwear
- Disposable Panty Shield
- Disposable Diapers
- Ultra-Absorbent Disposable Diapers
- Super-Absorbent Disposable Diapers
- Biodegradable Disposable Diapers
- Surgical Nonwoven Products
- Disposable Surgical Mask
- Disposable Surgical Drapes
- Disposable Shoe Covers
- Disposable Surgical Caps
- Disposable Surgical Gowns
- Disposable Sterile Nonwoven Swabs
- Incontinence Nonwoven products
- Rest of APAC