Peripheral intervention devices are used to treat the peripheral artery diseases by performing minimal invasive surgeries. These devices makes the minute incisions in the body parts to removes the plaque blockages in the arteries and other vessel walls of peripheral organ which includes kidneys, brain and lower extremities. The different devices used for peripheral intervention procedures includes balloons, stent grafts, plaque modification devices, angiography catheters, hemodynamic flow alteration (HFA) devices and other accessory devices. Increasing acceptance of minimally invasive peripheral intervention surgeries due to its associated benefits such as reduced discomfort, short recovery time, less bleeding, minimum scars and reduced hospital durations are driving the Asia pacific market for peripheral intervention devices. Other market drivers includes high prevalence of peripheral vascular diseases and rapid adoption of advancing medical device technologies. However, reimbursement issues and high entry barrier by well-established multinational firms are the hurdles to growth of Asia pacific peripheral intervention market.
The Asia pacific market for peripheral intervention devices is segmented on the basis of device types and geography. Based on device types, the market is segmented into Angioplasty Balloons and Stents, Catheters, Hemodynamic Flow Alteration Devices, Plaque Modification Devices, Vena Cava Filter Placement Devices, Mechanical Atherectomy Devices and Accessory Devices. The stents used in peripheral intervention procedures represents the largest market due to their high usage rate. These are particularly used in cardiovascular angiography surgeries. The Asia Pacific peripheral intervention devices market is segmented into China, Japan, India, Australia and others. Emerging economies such as India, China, Singapore, Malaysia and Korea holds the promising opportunities for manufacturers of peripheral intervention devices due to rising medical tourism and healthcare awareness in these regions. Moreover these regions are populated and have high disease prevalence which contributes to growth of Asia pacific peripheral intervention devices market.
Medtronic Inc., Boston Scientific, C.R. Bard Inc., Cook Medical, Abbott Vascular, St. Jude Medical, and Cordis Corp., are some the key players of Asia pacific peripheral intervention market. Medtronic and St. Jude Medical provides the catheters with advanced features such as torque control and guidewires for the peripheral intervention procedures. Majority of the key market players have adopted the strategy of product launch and approval to gain the competitive advantage.
KEY TAKE AWAYS
- Widespread coverage of the Asia pacific peripheral intervention devices market including drivers, restraints and opportunities would help professionals to better understand market behavior
- The projections in the report are made by analyzing the current market trends and future market potential for the period of 2014-2020 in terms of value
- Comprehensive analysis of Device types, and geography segments enables the identification of growth opportunities within the Asia pacific peripheral intervention devices market
- In-depth strategic study of key leaders within the Asia pacific peripheral intervention devices market would be informative for professionals in the corporate sector
- Porter’s five forces framework examines competitive structure of the Asia pacific peripheral intervention devices market and would be helpful for strategic industry analysis
- Identification of key investment pockets for the Asia pacific peripheral intervention market are providing strategic assistance to decision makers
- Ease of doing business analysis should help in making strategic business decisions
PERIPHERAL INTERVENTION DEVICES MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
The Asia pacific peripheral intervention devices market is segmented into device types and geography segments.
BY DEVICE TYPES
- Angioplasty Balloons and Stents
- Hemodynamic Flow Alteration Devices
- Plaque Modification Devices
- Vena Cava Filter Placement Devices
- Mechanical Atherectomy Devices
- Accessory Devices