The RNA-based therapeutics involves broad range of the RNA-based technologies, which help the patients to diagnose or treat various chronic diseases. The RNA-based therapeutics play a crucial role in providing the accurate and precise healthcare treatments, which helps in treating the disease at molecular and sub-molecular levels. RNA-based therapeutic modalities provide beneficial business opportunities due to its rising acceptance, technological advancements and targeted drug delivery of these therapeutics as compared to the other treatment modalities (synthetic therapeutics). The Asia-Pacific RNA-based therapeutics market is growing at a promising CAGR due to the gene silencing potential of these therapeutics. However, the market is still at the nascent stage in developing regions such as India and witnessing the lucrative growth rate during the analysis period. Factors that would fuel the market growth in Asia-Pacific region are target specificity and selectivity of RNAi therapeutics, more intense product focus versus platform technologies and virtual drug development models that enable companies to reduce the research cost. However, high cost coupled with the high failure rates and reimbursement issues related with the adoption of RNA-based therapeutics would restrain the market growth.
The Asia-Pacific RNA-based therapeutics market is segmented on the basis of technology, application, end user and geography. Based on technology, the market is segmented into enabling technologies, enabled technologies and RNA antisense technologies. Owing to the applications, the market is segmented into cardiovascular diseases, kidney diseases, oncology infectious diseases and metabolic disorders. Based on the end users, the market is categorized into diagnostic, therapeutic and research organizations. Geographically, the market is segmented into China, Japan, India, Australia and others. Emerging economies such as India, China, Singapore and Malaysia are the potential geographies for market expansion due to improving healthcare standards. These economies have a large presence of domestic manufacturers of RNA-based therapeutics, which contribute to an increase in the market competition for multinational giants by adopting the strategy of price penetration.
Companies profiled in this report are Genzyme Corporation, Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corp, Biocon ltd, Nitto Denko Corporation, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Acorda Therapeutics Inc., Arrowhead Research Corporation, Abingworth Life Science, Silence Therapeutics PLC, AstraZeneca Inc., and Catalyst Biosciences.
- This report includes extensive coverage of the Asia-Pacific RNA-based therapeutics market including drivers, restraints and opportunities that would help professionals to better understand market behavior
- Analyzing the current market trends, projections regarding the market potential for the period of 20142021 in terms of value are discussed
- A comprehensive analysis of device types, end users and geography segments enables the identification of growth opportunities within the Asia-Pacific RNA-based therapeutics market
- Market attractiveness analysis for the market would provide strategic assistance to decision makers
- An analysis of strategies used by key leaders within the Asia-Pacific RNA-based therapeutics market would prove to be informative for professionals in the corporate sector
- Porters five forces framework examines the competitive structure of Asia-Pacific RNA-based therapeutics market and would be helpful for strategic industry analysis
- Ease of doing business analysis would help in making strategic business decisions
ASIA PACIFIC RNA-BASED THERAPEUTICS MARKET KEY SEGMENTS
The Asia-Pacific RNA-based therapeutics market is segmented on the basis of technology, application, end users and geography segments.
- Enabling technologies
- Linear amplification
- Enabled technologies
- RNA Interference (RNAi) technologies
- Small interfering RNA (siRNA)
- MicroRNA (miRNA)
- RNA antisense technologies
- Kidney diseases
- Infectious diseases
- Metabolic disorders
BY END USERS
Asia Pacific RNA-Based Therapeutics Market Report Highlights
By END USERS
Key Market Players
Silence Therapeutics PLC, Abingworth Life Science, Catalyst Biosciences., Acorda Therapeutics Inc., Biocon ltd, Genzyme Corporation, Nitto Denko Corporation, Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corp, AstraZeneca Inc., Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Arrowhead Research Corporation