Asia-Pacific Sports Apparel Market Overview:
Asia-Pacific Sports Apparel Market is expected to generate revenue of $62.6 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 8.1% during the forecast period 2015-2020. Sports apparel are worn during physical exercise or sports activities. People prefer premium quality sports apparel for agility and comfort during the workout sessions. The emerging countries of the Asia Pacific region such as India and China offer lucrative opportunities to the players in the sports apparel market. Increasing disposable incomes and growing health awareness among individuals have fostered the growth of the market in the region. Among the key Asian countries, China was the highest revenue-generating region in 2014. International brands are actively expanding in the Asia Pacific region to tap the latent opportunities in the region. Prominent companies such as Columbia Sportswear Company and Adidas have set up new retail and company-owned outlets in the Asia Pacific to expand their customer base and to enhance their market share in the sport apparel market.
In Asia Pacific region, men sports apparel segment holds a lions share, followed by the women sports apparel segment. However, kids segment is expected to witness robust growth, registering a CAGR of 10.4% during the forecast period. Based on the mode of sale, the Asia Pacific sports apparel market is segmented into online stores and retail stores. Retail mode of distribution dominates the Asia Pacific sports apparel market and would continue to maintain this trend throughout the forecast period. However, online store is the fastest growing segment in the region, registering a CAGR of 14.5% during the forecast period.
The Asia Pacific sports apparel market is segmented, based on end user, mode of sale and country. Women segment has witnessed a significant growth in the region, owing to increasing participation in sports and fitness activities. The mode of sale segment comprises of online and retail sales. The retail segment is further segmented into supermarkets, brand outlets and discount stores. Retail sale is the most preferred mode of distribution for manufacturers, followed by online sales, which is anticipated to gain popularity in future. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the sports apparel market of the Asia-Pacific region, which includes China, India, Japan, Australia and others.
- Comprehensive analysis of the current and future trends of the Asia Pacific sports apparel market have been provided in the report
- The report provides insights on key drivers, challenges and opportunities in the market along with impact analysis
- Porters five forces model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrate the potency of the buyers and suppliers participating in the market
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimation during the period of 2014-2020 have been provided to highlight the financial appetency of the market
- The report provides a detailed analysis of Asia Pacific sports apparel market with respect to end user, mode of sale and countries, to enable stakeholders to take appropriate investment decisions in the APAC sports apparel market
- Value chain analysis in the report provides a clear understanding on the role of stakeholders involved in the value chain.
Partnerships and expansions were the major developmental strategies adopted by the leading companies in the region to sustain the stiff competition in the market. For instance, in January 2012 Nike, Inc. signed an agreement with Tishman Speyer to establish its new headquarters in China, to increase its market presence in this region. In December 2013, Columbia Sportswear Company collaborated with Chogori India Retail limited (CIRL) to tap the growing outdoor sports apparel market in India. In June 2014, Adidas partnered with Bluesign Technologies to strengthen its global supply chain and enhance its business operations. The key companies profiled in the report include, Adidas AG, Nike, Inc., LI-NING Company Limited, Puma SE, Inc., Umbro Ltd., Fila, Inc., Under Armour, Lululemon Athletica Incorporation, Anta Sports Products Limited, Inc. and Columbia Sportswear Company.