Atipamezole is a synthetic alpha 2 adrenergic receptor antagonist drug, which reverses the effects of sedative and analgesic drugs such as medetomidine, xylazine, amitraz, and detomidine among others, in animals. In addition, it is used to treat amitraz and imidazoline decongestants toxicity in animals.
Reduction in sedative time of animals shortens the in-clinic stay, saves the time of the staff, reduces hospitalization costs, and reduces revisits of the animal owner. Furthermore, the rising pet ownership and increasing healthcare expenditure on animals are anticipated to fuel the market growth. However, adverse effects of atipamezole and stringent government regulations associated with the safety and efficacy of atipamezole is anticipated to hinder the market growth. For instance, atipamezole is not approved for use in cats in the U.S. Ongoing R&D activities on atipamezole is anticipated to provide opportunities for the market growth.
The market is segmented on the basis of application, route of administration, and geography. Based on application, the market is divided into anti-sedative and others (anti-analgesic and amitraz toxicity). By route of administration, the market is segmented into intravenous, intramuscular, and others (subcutaneous and intraperitoneal). Geographically, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global atipamezole market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market has been provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help stakeholders capitalize on prevailing market opportunities in terms of value.
- Extensive analysis of different segments helps understand various products of the market.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Atipamezole Market Report Highlights
By Route of Administration
Key Market Players
Axience SAS, CP Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Orion Corporation, Alvetra & Werfft GmbH, Eli Lilly and Company, Ceva Sant Animale S.A., Dr. E. Graeub AG, VetPharm, Inc., Sogeval Laboratories, Inc., Pfizer Inc.