Attitude and Heading Reference Systems (AHRS) are multi-axis sensors that utilize inertial navigation to calculate the location, position, attitude, and velocity of an aircraft, including roll, pitch, and yaw. Moreover, the AHRS-calculated flight dynamics information is automatically sent to the flight deck displays, flight controls, weather radar antenna platform, and other aircraft systems. These sensors which replace mechanical gyroscopic flight instruments, provide greater reliability and precision. Furthermore, it has a solid-state or Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS) gyroscope, accelerometers, and magnetometers on all three axes. AHRS is a self-contained system with a variety of sensors in a single package. Furthermore, it uses less electricity & wiring, is lower in weight and has a smaller footprint. AHRS offers more accurate and reliable heading and attitude information than the traditional analog aircraft attitude indicator. Furthermore, AHRS provides a 3D orientation by integrating gyroscopes and merging this data with accelerometer and magnetometer data. It provides enriched performance over the existing vertical and directional gyros. A form of non-linear estimation such as an extended Kalman filter is commonly used to compute the solution from these numerous sources. They are in commonly used business and commercial aircraft.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
- Governments across major countries have announced a lockdown because of the COVID 19 pandemic resulting in the halt in business. The lockdown and travel restrictions have severely affected the aviation industry since, the global air travel was halted. Moreover, due to lockdown, the aircraft manufacturing was halted affecting the demand for AHRS. Travel was halted thus all the aircrafts were stranded at the airport which affected the demand for replacement of AHRS. Furthermore, the delivery of the already manufactured AHRS was delayed due to lockdown Furthermore, due to social distancing norms, there was unavailability of labor required for manufacturing of AHRS which further delayed the operation. Moreover, there was unavailability of raw material which affected the production AHRS. Aviation industry is developing sector that was severely affected by the pandemic, but it is expected to recover post pandemic and drive the attitude and heading reference systems market.
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in passenger travel by aircraft, rise in demand of AHRS from aircraft manufacturers, and increase in demand for unmanned aerial vehicles drive growth of the market.
High cost of AHRS and faulty equipment hinder the growth of the market.
Rise in demand for new technology to strengthen aircraft performance, surge in the aircraft manufacturing, and development in MEMS technology & integration of with Global Positioning System (GPS) can act as an opportunity for growth of the market.
Rise in Demand of Attitude And Heading Reference System (AHRS) from Aircraft Manufacturers
- Attitude and heading reference system (AHRS) enables pilots to make better decisions in adverse weather, difficult landings, and other situations. To improve the safety and security of the aircraft there is an increase in demand for AHRS. For instance, in 2018, the U.S. Army signed a contract with aerospace company Safran to supply critical avionics systems such as AHRS, data acquisition program, and others for h51 UH-72A Lakotas Helicopter. Moreover, in 2019 Honeywell International Inc. and aircraft manufacturer Volocopter GmbH signed an agreement to collaboratively develop and test unique navigation & automation landing systems for wide range of vertical take-off and landing aircraft of Volocopter. Honeywell will provide its extensive autonomous sensing & flight technologies including attitude and heading reference systems. The rise in demand for AHRS from aircraft manufacturers drive the growth of the attitude and heading reference systems (AHRS) market.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the attitude and heading reference systems (AHRS) market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the attitude and heading reference systems (AHRS) market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the attitude and heading reference systems (AHRS) market.
- The report provides detailed attitude and heading reference systems (AHRS) market analysis based on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Attitude and Heading Reference Systems (AHRS) Market Research Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the attitude and heading reference systems (AHRS) market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What are the current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the attitude and heading reference systems (AHRS) market?
- What are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Attitude and Heading Reference Systems (AHRS) Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Rockwell Collins Inc, Lord MicroStrain, VectorNav Technologies LLC, Northrop Grumman, Safran S.A, Sparton Navigation and Exploration LLC, Honeywell International Inc., Moog Inc., Meggitt Plc, iXBLUE Inc.