Autoimmune diseases refer to a bodys abnormal immune response leading to production of antibodies that attack own cells and tissues, causing deterioration and destruction of healthy tissues. There are almost 80 types of autoimmune diseases prevailing worldwide including systemic lupus erythematosus or rheumatoid arthritis. According to the estimation by American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association (AARDA), autoimmune disease affects up to 50 million Americans and 75% of them are females. The tests used to diagnose the autoimmune disease include auto antibody test, antinuclear antibody test, complete blood count, C-reactive protein, and erythrocyte sedimentation rate.
The global autoimmune disease diagnostics market is driven by improved laboratory techniques and automation, growth in public awareness for autoimmune disorders, rise in partnerships between physicians and clinical laboratories, increase in incidence of diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and Graves and Hashimoto's Thyroid Disease. However, high frequency of false positive results and slow turnaround time for diagnostic test results restrain the market growth. Rapid technological advancements in medical field such as novel biomarkers, rise in healthcare expenditure, development of the emerging markets, and favorable government initiatives is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the growth of the market.
This global market is segmented on the basis of type, product, service, technology, and region. Based on type, it is bifurcated into localized autoimmune disease diagnostic and systemic autoimmune disease diagnostic. Based on product, it is divided into drugs, therapeutic & monitoring equipment, and diagnostic equipment. Based on technology, it is divided into bridge therapy, disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARD), topical therapy, phototherapy, helminthic therapy, and recombinant technology. Region-wise, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market are AstraZeneca, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi-aventis, Abbott Laboratories, Beckman Coulter Inc., Inova Diagnostics Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., and Hemagen Diagnostics Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global autoimmune disease diagnostic market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by product assists to understand the various forms of autoimmune disease diagnostic available.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Autoimmune Disease Diagnostics Market Key Segments:
- Localized Autoimmune Disease Diagnostic
- Systemic Autoimmune Disease Diagnostic
- Therapeutic & Monitoring Equipment
- Diagnostic Equipment
- Bridge Therapy
- Disease-modifying Antirheumatic Drugs (DMARD)
- Topical Therapy
- Helminthic Therapy
- Recombinant Technology
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Rest of LAMEA