Autoinjector is a medical device used to dispense a single dose of a drug, particularly, life-saving drugs. These autoinjectors are usually spring-loaded syringes that are particularly designed for easy and safe administration of the drugs. The injectable drug delivery method is a technology driven market and has experienced a paradigm shift. The traditionally used self-injection devices, which were merely used for delivering human growth hormones and insulin are currently replaced by technologically advanced autoinjectors. The autoinjectors have witnessed substantial growth in the market due to the benefits offered over conventional devices such as standard syringes for parental drug delivery. The risks associated with conventional syringes include risk of missed injection and discontinuation of drugs. These risks are overcome by autoinjectors and also the healthcare cost is reduced as the number of visits to the hospital are eventually curtailed. Thus autoinjectors have ensured better adherence to patients for the treatment of several diseases. A variety of auto-injector devices are available in the market and market would grow substantially to meet the requirements for spurring innovation in therapeutic areas. Improving patient compliance, simplifying self-administration, surge of biologics for drug delivery and increasing incidences of diabetes and cancer are the key factors that fuel the growth of autoinjector market. However, regulatory hurdles, needle-stick infections and injuries restrain the growth of this market.
The global autoinjector market is segmented on the basis of product type, technology, usability, design, application and geography. Based on product type, the market is segmented into fillable and prefilled autoinjectors. On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into automated and manual autoinjectors. Based upon usability, the market is categorized into disposable and reusable autoinjectors. The autoinjector market, based on design is categorized into standardized and customized. There are several application of these devices for the treatment of diseases that include rheumatoid arthritis, anaphylaxis, multiple sclerosis and others. Geographically, the report is segmented across four regions viz., North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
Companies profiled in this report include Antares Pharma, Inc., Biogen Idec, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Mylan, Inc., Pfizer, Inc., Novartis International AG, Unilife Corporation, Ypsomed Holdings AG, Scandinavian Health Limited (SHL) Group and Sanofi S. A. The key players are significantly involved in geographical expansions and product innovation for strengthening their presence and increasing their market share across the globe. For instance, recently Biogen Idec, Inc. received the FDA for its new drug Plegridy used in the treatment of multiple sclerosis. The company has enhanced the drug by adding polymer named PEG (polyethylene glycol) that increases the drug exposure in patients and lowers the frequency of drugs administration as well. Autoinjector is used for injecting the drug under the skin every two weeks.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends along with the market dynamics of the global autoinjector market
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global autoinjector market is provided
- A comprehensive analysis of product types, applications, customers and geography segments helps to identify the growth opportunities in the global autoinjector market
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of leading autoinjector devices) highlights the business practices followed by leading market players across the geographies
- The projections in the report are made by analyzing the current market trends and market potential for the period of 2014-2020, in terms of value
- Porters Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the global autoinjector market and would help market strategists in making informed decisions
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
The global autoinjectors market is segmented into product type, technology, usability, design, application and geography segments.
Autoinjectors Market By Product type
- Fillable Autoinjectors
- Prefilled Autoinjectors
Autoinjectors Market By Technology
- Automated Autoinjectors
- Manual Autoinjectors
Autoinjectors Market By Usability
- Disposable Autoinjectors
- Reusable Autoinjectors
Autoinjectors Market By Design
- Standardized Autoinjectors
- Customized Autoinjectors
Autoinjectors Market By Application
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Multiple Sclerosis
Autoinjectors Market By Geography
- North America