Automated trading is a type of automation in which a computer program is used to carry out a defined set of instructions or rules, such as buying or selling an asset based on market data that is constantly changing. Timing, quantity, price, or any mathematical model are used to define sets of instructions or rules. It provides market participants with several advantages, including the ability to execute trades at the best possible prices, perform simultaneous automated checks on multiple market conditions, and reduce transaction costs due to the lack of human intervention.
The global automated trading market is segmented on the basis of component, deployment mode, type, type of traders, and region. Based on component, the market is bifurcated into solution and services. In terms of deployment mode, the market is categorized into cloud and on-premise. On the basis of type, the market is divided into stock, foreign exchange (FOREX), bonds, cryptocurrencies, and others. In terms of type of traders, the market is segregated into institutional traders, long-term traders, short-term traders, and retail traders. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Top Impacting Factors
The growth of the global automated trading market is mainly driven by factors such as the rise in demand for reliable, fast, and effective order execution. In addition, the surge in demand for reducing transaction costs fuels the demand for automated trading. However, insufficient risk valuation capabilities are expected to hamper the growth of the market. Contrarily, the implementation of advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, and cloud computing is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for market growth during the forecasted period.
The Rise in Demand For Reliable, Fast and Effective Order Execution
Big brokerage houses and institutional investors are increasingly turning to automated trading to reduce operational costs. This is because automated trading allows for easier and faster order execution, making it appealing to exchanges. Furthermore, it allows investors and traders to profit quickly from small price changes. As a result, the growth of the market is driven by an increase in demand for effective trades, as it allows users to execute trades quickly.
The Emergence of AI and Algorithms in Financial Services
To capitalize on data from digitally driven channels, the majority of financial services companies are increasing their AI and machine learning adoption. It is used by several businesses in the banking, insurance, and asset management industries. During the last decade, this has resulted in the emergence of a data-driven investment trend.
The demand for high-frequency trading, also known as algorithmic trading, has grown tremendously in the market. AI-powered trading systems can analyze massive amounts of data much faster than humans can. As a result, AI and
algorithms in financial services are advantageous for market growth during the forecast period.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents an analytical depiction of the automated trading market forecast along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the automated trading market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed automated trading market analysis depending on the present and future competitive intensity of the market.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The current 2028 forecast is expected to be higher than pre-COVID-19 projections. The COVID-19 outbreak has had a moderate impact on the market growth, as the adoption of automated trading solutions has risen due to unprecedented circumstances.
- The COVID-19 has accelerated the growth of the automated trading market share. The market has experienced increased use of automated trading to make decisions at a faster pace while reducing human error. For instance, in a recent publication, the Reserve Bank of Australia stated that the COVID-19 may have only accelerated the industry's shift toward electronic trading, which therefore propelled the automated trading market growth.
Questions Answered in the Automated Trading Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the automated trading market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the automated trading market size?
- How the current automated trading market trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the global market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Automated Trading Market Report Highlights
By Deployment Mode
Key Market Players
Software AG, 63MOONS, Algo Trader AG, Symphony Fintech Solutions Pvt Ltd., MetaQuotes Software Corp, Argo SE, Tethys, Virtu Financial, Consultancy Services, Refinitiv Ltd.