The global automatic feeding machine market is experiencing significant growth and is expected to grow considerably in the next few years. Automatic feeding machines are especially designed for distributing feed to a large number of animals on a farm or any other facility. These are automated machines which require little to no human intervention during feeding process. Once installed, an automatic feeding machine can easily be programmed as per the needs, so that food can be fed in a controlled manner for a stipulated time. In addition, these machine saves time and money that may be incurred during manual distribution of the food. This is possible due to incorporation of automation features along with other industry 4.0 technologies. Furthermore, animal farms such as, poultry farms, swine farms, and aquaculture farms are few of the major end users of these machine. Moreover, major players in the automatic feeding machines industry adopt advanced technologies to increase the efficiency and productivity of their products to sustain the competition in the automatic feeding machines market.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
Each species of animal has a different lifestyle, different way of living and different way of eating. Hence, depending on the type, an automatic feeding machine is capable of feeding dry or wet food to the animals. This is possible due to the availability of feeding machines with different feeding mechanisms such as, vibrating feeder, rotating wheel feeders, and linear belt feeders. Apart from preparation food, which is done manually, an automatic feeding machine can perform all the tasks of feeding animals.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic ceased the production of various products in the automatic feeding machines industry, which is attributed to the global lockdown. This has hampered the growth of automatic feeding machine market in the years and a similar trend is expected to be seen in the first half of 2022.
- The major demand for automatic feeding machines was previously noticed from giant developed and developing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, India, and China, which are negatively affected by the spread of the coronavirus, thereby declining the demand for automatic feeding machines.
- Further, potential long-term impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on their cash reserves. Automatic feeding machine manufacturers can afford a lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce their expenses. On the contrary, few players adopted employee lay-offs to sustain themselves during the COVID-19 health crisis
- Automatic feeding machines manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond to immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
According to a study done on animal-based products, by 2050 the global demand for animal products is projected to increase by 60% to 70%. Due to this trend, farm owners have increased their dependency on automatic feeding machines to cope with the growing demand. Thus, a surge in demand for automatic feeding machines is very likely. Furthermore, the overall cost of feeding with automated feeding machines is relatively inexpensive. This as a result, boosts the demand for automated feeding machines. In addition, since these machines do not require human intervention, the risk of spread of any contagious disease from farm workers to animals is very minimal. This is a huge advantage, which is responsible for driving demand in the automatic feeding machine market. However, the high upfront cost of installation is one of the restraining factors, hindering the growth of automatic feeding machine market. Contrarily, technological developments in automatic feeding machine products such as adoption of remote operation, incorporation of the latest sensors and devices, and use of internet of things (IoT) for self-operation of machines, is expected to boost the efficiency of the equipment. This is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for the automatic feeding machines market growth during the forecast period.
- Businesses in the automatic feed machines market are adopting partnerships as a strategy to enhance their foothold in the market. For instance, in March 2021, Lely Holding SARL, a provider of cattle ranching and farming solutions, partnered with ID Agro, a developer and marketer of innovative housing systems for the livestock sector, for modular feed kitchens. This partnership is expected to benefit both parties where ID Agro can expand its sales market by the new channel, while Lely Centers can offer their automatic feeding system.
- Similarly, companies in the automatic feeding machine market used merger as their primary growth strategy. For instance, in August 2018 Anderson International Corp and Ottevanger Milling Engineers merged together to form Anderson Feed Technology. Together, they offer a range of automatic feeding machines.
- Moreover, business expansion strategies assist in enhancing the geographic footprint of the company and help in gaining significant market share for automatic feeding machines products. For instance, in January 2019, The Big Dutchman Group, based in Germany, took over one of its long-term distribution partners, Matavicol Industrie which is based in France. The move is anticipated to enable the Big Dutchman Group to permanently strengthen its presence in France.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the automatic feeding machines industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the future investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities, along with detailed analysis of the automatic feeding machines market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the automatic feeding machines market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed automatic feeding machines market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Automatic Feeding Machine Market Report Highlights
By Feeding Mechanism Type
By Food Type
By Application Type
By End-user Industry