A screen is a technology, within water filters, that is installed to act as a form of large strainer to separate solid particles of various sizes from the water that is being taken in. For example, in pumps where water is taken from rivers, lakes or the sea, screens are deployed to separate the dirt and impurities that come in along with the water from the water bodies. Automatic screen filters are used in agricultural, horticultural, green house nurseries, irrigation, industrial and municipal applications for filtration of water. Automatic screen filters are equipped with an electric motor to fully automate the process of cleaning the screen itself when it becomes dirty or gets clogged. Most commonly, automatic filter systems use a backwash system to clean its screen. In this method, the system sends water backwards for a short amount of time, unclogging all the particles from the screen. Automatic screen filters have strong materials which allow them to last longer and handle more heavy-duty work. The screens used are made of metal and are permanently fixed. Also, the systems are made from corrosion-proof material which allows the system itself to last longer. The automatic screen filter is equipped with a coarse screen which is used to protect the finer screen from larger particles and stones. Screens are created through the use of perforated plates, woven wire or wedge wire bards that are designed with rough wire entangling. Plastic decreases the strength of the screen. However, if the screen is created in plastic, it could add value through cost and corrosion resistance. The automatic screen filter is highly efficient and reliable. It reduces the amount of backwash water required as compared to traditional filters, thereby, increasing the use of this filter which propels the growth of the automatic screen filter market.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the global automatic screen filter industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of global screen filter market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, Opportunities, Restraints and Impact Analysis
Growing initiatives by governments for water resource management coupled with the consistent increasing awareness about water conservation across the globe are driving the growth of the automatic screen filter market. Furthermore, demand for automatic screen filters has increased due to rapid increase in population and dependency on water in industrial, residential, and commercial applications, which in turn is expected to drive the automatic screen filter market across the globe. New opportunities for the growth of the global automatic screen filter market can be found with the development of highly efficient and reliable automatic screen filters with advanced features such as maximum operating pressure, easy to control functions, low electricity consumption, rugged construction, efficient rinse systems, and a wide range of filter sizes for higher flow systems. A restraining factor for the growth of automatic screen filter market is the fact that despite the self-cleaning nature of the automatic screen filters, they require manual cleaning and inspection from time to time and some maintenance at least semi-annually.
The global automatic screen filters market trends are as follows:
Self-cleaning feature of automatic screen filters
One of the best features of an automatic screen filter is that the system automatically cleans the screen when it becomes dirty. The most effective method of flushing is the focused backwash method, in which the flush water is forced backwards through the screen. This is done either with two side-by-side filters where the clean water from one is used to flush the other, or by creating a vacuuming effect by forcing water backwards through the screen to suck the debris from it. This unclogs all of the solid dirt particles from the screen. Then, the water used to clean the screen is drained out through a separate area. The time required to run a self-cleaning cycle varies per system, and in some systems the time required to complete a cycle is customizable. Different systems use different volumes of water to complete the backwashing, which is an important feature. These systems require almost no maintenance or monitoring. They are fully automated, and although there may be a couple of settings that require customizing, the systems are capable of managing themselves. This benefit of the self-cleaning nature of automatic screen filters and the operational ease and simplicity are the major driving factors behind the growth of the global automatic screen filter market.
Growing awareness of waste water management
The development of human societies is heavily dependent on the availability of water of suitable quality in adequate quantities. However, the demand for water is ever increasing due to population growth, technological advancement, industrial expansion, pollution and urbanization, which put great stress on the natural water cycle. UN estimates suggest that 80-90% of wastewater in developing countries is discharged directly into rivers, lakes and seas, causing water-borne diseases, hindering tourism and economic development while severely damaging the environment. Treated water can be re-used and is a potential source of 'new' water thereby reducing the demand of cities, farms, and industries for more drawdown on the environment. After treatment, urban wastewater treated to an appropriate standard can be reused for industry and peri-urban agriculture. Energy can be captured from wastewater.
Treated wastewater reuse can be seen as a sustainable way of addressing long‐term imbalances between water demand and supply, which makes sound economic sense also in view of increased imbalances due to climate change. Multiple initiatives by UN, UN-Water, UNEP and also initiatives taken by governments of countries around the world like the ZLD (Zero Liquid Discharge) policy for reuse of water by industrial sector initiated by Government of India are raising awareness and knowledge of waste water management. This growing awareness is a major driver behind the growth of the automatic screen filter market as companies look to invest in waste water treatment projects around the world.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global automatic screen filter industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global automatic screen filter market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global automatic screen filter market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global automatic screen filter market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Automatic Screen Filter Market Report Highlights
By End use
Key Market Players
Hydra Filter, Automat Industries Ltd., Harvel Agua India Private Limited, Bermad., Amiad Water Systems Ltd., Glacier Filtration, H.C. Warner, Inc., LUXUD, LLC., NETAFIM, Evoqua Water Technologies LLC.