An automatic turnstile is a type of gate that is also termed as baffle gate which allows one person to pass at a time. Automatic turnstiles are used to enforce one-way movement of people. An automatic turnstile restricts the passage only to people who insert a pass, a ticket, a coin, or something similar, in this some kind of filtering object is there that allows only person who have access to this. Automatic turnstiles are used in areas where only paid access is allowed like places to access public transport, a pay toilet, metro stations, etc. Automatic turnstiles are also used in factories, stadiums, mass transit stations, amusement parks, office lobbies, casinos, ski resorts, airports, and power plants. If classified on the basis of physical properties then automatic turnstiles are of four types: waist-high turnstiles, optical turnstiles, drop arm optical turnstiles, and full-height turnstiles. The global automatic turnstiles market is predicted to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to increased demand for automatic turnstiles from metro stations and airports for the security purpose, as security being the prime concern of every authority.
Covid -19 impact on industry -
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the automatic turnstiles industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of automatic turnstiles market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The main purpose of this automatic turnstiles is for the safety purpose of various places where only authorized people are allowed. Due to security purpose and its high demand is the reason that act as its driving factor.
Increased adoption of automation
Growing development of automatic trains, magnetic levitation trains, and high-speed trains in developed as well as developing countries is a major factor predicted to fuel the market growth in the upcoming years. Increasing growth and automation in the transportation industry plays a crucial role in enhancing the growth of the automatic turnstiles market. Automatic turnstiles are mostly used in metro stations and railway stations. Nowadays, changing lifestyle of people is making them spend more on convenient transportation, they are moving towards more easier way of getting secured as well as convenient possible ways. This in turn is expected to boost the demand for automatic turnstiles from heavy industries.
Rise in disposable income of consumers and industrialization
Rise in disposable income of consumers and industrialization are the major factors estimated to boost the automatic turnstiles market globally. As growing population everywhere as in the number of air passengers across the globe, rising working population, and the growing middle-class population in developing countries are some of the other factors responsible for growth in transportation mediums such as metro stations and airport also these all indirectly influences the growth of the market globally. Increasing demand to reduce passenger inconvenience in queue and travel time and growing passenger traffic is also predicted to increase the market growth in the upcoming years. However, growing volatility in price of raw materials such as steel that is used for manufacturing purpose in automatic turnstiles is the major factor expected to prohibit the growth of the automatic turnstiles market in the upcoming years.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the as automatic turnstiles market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the future of the market
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the automatic turnstiles market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to automatic turnstiles market growth scenario.
Automatic Turnstiles Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Mikroelektronika spol. s r.o., Royal Boon Edam International B.V., Gunnebo AB, COMINFO, a.s., Turnstar Systems, Alvarado Mfg. Co., Inc., Wanzl Metallwarenfabrik GmbH, dormakaba Group, Automatic systems, Hayward Turnstiles, Inc.