Automotive HVAC Market Overview:
Automotive HVAC System Market is expected to garner $22.8 billion by 2022, registering a CAGR of 8.9% during the forecast period 2016-2022. Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system in a vehicle is used for controlling the internal temperature of the vehicle cabin. It includes three subsystems, namely, heating, cooling, and air conditioning, that work together to provide purified air to the vehicle cabin, ensuring thermal comfort to drivers and passengers. It controls the air temperature, inspects the moisture content in the air, and eliminates excessive humidity from the circulating air. Well-established companies, such as Audi, Mercedes, and BMW, focus on customized and consumer-friendly HVAC systems. For instance, the BMW 6 Series supports automatic air conditioning, including air distribution for driver and passengers, fogging sensor, and automatic climate control system.
The market growth is driven by automatic climate control feature, increasing demand for thermal systems, rising safety concerns, and adoption of eco-friendly refrigerants. On the other hand, the use of polluting refrigerants is expected to hinder the adoption of this system. Use of environment-saving refrigerants and adoption of geothermal pumps are anticipated to foster the growth of the market.
The world automotive HVAC market is segmented on the basis of technology, vehicle type, and geography. On the basis of technology, it is categorized into manual and automatic; whereas by vehicle type, it is categorized into passenger cars, and commercial vehicles, including light commercial vehicles (LCVs) and heavy commercial vehicles (HCVs). On the basis of geography, it is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. However, Asia-Pacific, specifically countries including China, Japan, South Korea, and India, is expected to show a significant growth during the analysis period.
Key players operating in the world automotive HVAC market are, Sensata Technologies Inc., Calsonic Kansei Corporation, Denso Corporation, Hanon Systems, Keihin Corporation, Johnson Electric Holdings Ltd, Sanden Holdings Corporation, Valeo, Japan Climate Systems Corporation and MAHLE GmbH.
- The report includes an in-depth analysis of the world automotive HVAC system market, including current trends, drivers, restraints, and growth opportunities.
- Porter’s Five Forces model illustrates the potency of buyers and sellers, which is expected to help market players to adopt effective strategies.
- Value chain analysis provides a clear understanding of the key intermediaries involved and their respective roles at every stage.
- Key market players are profiled to provide an understanding of the strategies adopted by them.
- Quantitative analysis of current market trends and future estimations for 2016-2022 are provided to indicate the financial competency.
AUTOMOTIVE HVAC MARKET SEGMENTATION
Automotive HVAC Market - By Technology
Automotive HVAC Market - By Vehicle Type
- Commercial Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicles (LCVs)
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles (HCVs)
Automotive HVAC Market - By Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- Sensata Technologies Inc.
- Keihin Corporation
- Calsonic Kansei Corporation
- Sanden Holdings Corporation
- Denso Corporation
- Hanon Systems
- Johnson Electric Holdings Ltd
- Japan Climate Systems Corporation
- Mahle GmbH