Automotive LiDAR Sensors are used to enhance a vehicles navigation capabilities by detection and avoidance of obstacles enroute. The Light Detection and Ranging sensors (LiDAR) are detection and survey systems to evaluate the nearness of an object. A LiDAR system principally consists of a laser, a scanner, and a specialized GPS receiver. An optical pulse is created by the laser, which is radiated and transmitted toward the target. The time taken by the light pulse to bounce back and reach the receiver is measured (utilizing the speed of light) and thus the distance of the target is calculated. The technology has emerged as the main pillar for the vision of autonomous cars as it gives a 3D mapping of the vehicles surroundings. This enable a safe navigation system for the vehicles. The outputs from the LiDAR system is fed into a software, which takes the necessary decisions based on the vehicles surrounding. Some of the applications of LiDAR system includes adaptive cruise control systems, automatic speed control, and braking systems.
The continuous growth for the need of better sensors in the automotive market and increase in administrative regulations mandating such installations (such as AEB braking systems installations in the U.S. and the UK.) are the key drivers for the market. Moreover, automotive LiDAR sensors work even in complete darkness, which makes them popular among the end users. However, the high cost of the system, due to low demand limits the market growth. The requirement of these systems is projected to increase in the upcoming years, thus reducing the cost restraint.
The market for global automotive LiDAR sensors market is segmented into technology, application, and geography. By technology, it is bifurcated into solid state and mechanical LiDAR. On the basis of application the market is segmented into autonomous cars and semi-autonomous cars. Geographically, the market is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players in the market include Robert Bosch GmbH, Continental AG, Denso Corp., First Sensor AG, Hella KGaA Hueck & Co., Leddar tech., Novariant, Inc., Phantom Intelligence, Quanergy Systems, Inc., and Velodyne LiDAR, Inc.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global automotive LiDAR sensors market.
- Market definition along with key points for growth and the probable factors causing the restraints are discussed.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2017 and 2023.
- Geographically, the global automotive LiDAR sensors market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- Exhaustive analysis of the market helps understand the technologies used currently along with the variants that would gain prominence in the future.
- Competitive intelligence elucidates the scenario across the geographies as well as among the players.
Automotive LIDAR Sensors Market Key Segmentation:
- Solid State LiDAR
- Mechanical LiDAR
- Autonomous Cars
- Semi-autonomous Cars
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Robert Bosch GmbH.
- Continental AG
- Denso Corp.
- First Sensor AG
- Hella KGaA Hueck & Co.
- Novariant, Inc.
- Phantom Intelligence
- Quanergy Systems, Inc.
- Velodyne LiDAR, Inc.