Automotive air cleaning is the process of removing dust and unwanted air from the interior of the vehicle, to improve the comfort of the occupants. The intake and cabin air filters are considered to be a vital component of a vehicle. There is an increase in demand for technologies with the rise in passenger transportation to reduce carbon dioxide emissions and preserve the environment. In addition, an increase in efforts aimed at the improvement of air intake quality in automobile engines and cabins to enhance passenger comfort is projected to drive the market. Air cleaning primarily uses integrated ventilation systems in vehicles that are expected to grow with the increased use of passenger vehicles, which demand comfortable services.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The outbreak of COVID-19 has impacted and disrupted the supply chain of the entire automotive ecosystem, with a halt in production facilities across the globe.
- The growth of the automotive filters market is directly related to the production of vehicles, Hence the COVID-19 scenario is expected to affect the market
- Fluctuation in raw material prices and high-cost of filter media, such as activated carbon and electrostatic, restrict Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to install these filters in every vehicle segment as they are more expensive than conventional filters.
- The global demand has seen a major drop in their demand graph which will take a long time to revive back once the lockdown is over.
- With low operating costs and global restructuring, many companies have placed themselves in a stable financial position to face the impact of COVID-19.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Some of the factors that boost the growth of the market include increase in vehicle production and rise in passenger transportation. However, non-replaceable filters are anticipated to restrain the market growth. Furthermore, advancements in filter media/technology are expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the market during the forecast period.
The automotive air cleaner market trends are as follows:
Increase in vehicle production
The replacement cycle of filters per vehicle is optimized with the increase in technological advancements in filter media types. Hence, the rise in vehicle production is anticipated to lead to increased consumption of automotive filters. Moreover, various filters, including air, oil, fuel, and cabin filter are equipped in all types of vehicles which can be combined with the air cleaner. This, along with an increase in vehicle production drive the market growth. The production has also increased in most developing countries due to the availability of low-cost labor. Moreover, the higher sales of the vehicles leads to higher installation of air conditioning in the vehicles, which drives the growth of the market.
Increased passenger transportation
Air pollution is the emission of toxic elements into the atmosphere by natural or anthropogenic sources. These sources can be further differentiated into either mobile or stationary sources. Therefore, the daily travelers are shifting toward the passenger vehicle on daily basis. Moreover, there is an increase in the population across developing countries and urbanization has played a major role in increasing the demand for passengers vehicle.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the automotive air cleaner market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the automotive air cleaner market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the automotive air cleaner market scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed automotive air cleaner market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the automotive air cleaner market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the automotive air cleaner market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Automotive Air Cleaner Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
MAHLE, Cummins Inc., Sogefi, Robert Bosch, Denso Corporation, Ahlstrom Corporation, MANN+HUMMEL, Affinia Group Inc., Ac Delco Inc., Clarcor Inc.