An automotive airbag silicone is a vehicle occupants restraint system meant to give, soft cushioning and support for vehicle occupants during a collision. Ordinary airbags generate heat during deployment, which increases the risk of occupants being burned. Adding a silicone lining to the airbag can control this heat without the airbag ripping or tearing during deployment. Airbags treated with silicone coatings can also quickly deflate Compared with alternatives such as neoprene coatings after reaching the maximum inflation pressure and have additional benefits such as heat resistance and airbag protection. Furthermore, the excellent compatibility of silicone with widely used airbag fabrics such as nylon allows it to form a moisture-proof protective layer and remain chemically inert. These advantages are expected to drive demand for automotive airbags made from silicone-coated fabrics.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the entire automotive airbag silicone industry negatively by disrupting the supply chain and ensuring social distancing regulations and restrictions on the number of labors resulting in labor shortages in all industries and sectors. The description on the airbag and airbag fabric manufacturing process had a considerable impact on silicone demand at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. The funding for R&D is expected to be reduced, which will hamper the innovation of automotive airbag silicone market. However, companies are taking precautionary measures to tackle the adverse effects of the outbreak.
Top Impacting Factors
- andGrowth in airbag installation rate in commercial vehicles, the stringent safety regulations along with rising installations and growing awareness around vehicle safety systems drive the growth of the global automotive airbag silicone market.
- andIncrease development of active safety systems and high cost coupled with the raw material hinder the growth of the global automotive airbag silicone market.
- andGrowth in demand for electric vehicles provide lucrative opportunities for the global automotive airbag silicone market.
Airbags Design with Silicone Rubber Fabric Coatings
An airbag is a vehicle occupant restraint system that uses an airbag designed to inflate quickly and then deflate rapidly in the event of a collision. Lighter weight, lower stiffness, and improved packaging options, as well as higher performance and lower cost, are typical design requirements for airbag systems today. Therefore, OEMs are designing airbags with customer needs in mind. Thus, innovative airbag design with silicone rubber fabric lining and seam sealant is an emerging trend in the automotive airbag silicone market. The silicone rubber fabric liner and seam sealer contribute to the integrity of the airbag design which improves the occupant protection and safety in the event of a collision. This innovative product is expected to meet the industry and regulatory requirements and is suitable for cutting, seam sealing (CSSS), and one-piece woven (OPW) airbags. It can be included in side curtain airbags, front center airbags, knee cushion airbags, front airbags (driver and passenger), and side airbags. Therefore, the use of airbags with silicone rubber liners in all the commercial and upcoming electric vehicles is expected to bring revolutionary changes to the market and promote the growth of the overall automotive airbag silicone market during the forecast period. Thus, the adoption of airbags with silicon-rubber coating in all vehicles is expected to bring a revolutionary change in the market and will boost the growth of the overall automotive airbag silicone market during the forecast period.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- andThis study presents the analytical depiction of the automotive airbag silicone industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- andThe report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of automotive airbag silicone market.
- andThe current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the automotive airbag silicone market.
- andThe report provides a detailed automotive airbag silicone market analysis based on competitive intensity and the that competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Automotive Airbag Silicone Market Research Report:
- andWho are the leading market players active in the automotive airbag silicone market?
- andWhat would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- andWhat are the current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- andWhat are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the automotive airbag silicone market?
- andWhat are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Automotive Airbag Silicone Market Report Highlights
By Airbag Position
By Airbag Type
By Vehicle Type
Key Market Players
Nusil, Wacker Chemie AG, Rogers Corporation, Dow Corning Corporation, CSL Silicone Inc., Kaneka Corporation, Evonik Industries AG, Momentive, Elkem Silicone, KCC Corporation, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd., ACC Silicones Ltd, Bostik