The automotive armrest is a feature available in many modern vehicles that allow occupants to rest their arms. The armrest is often used to store essential things and make them easily accessible while driving. The driver commonly uses the front armrest, which folds away according to the user preference, and also feature storage compartments & even cup holders. Sometimes, one or two armrests are also attached to each seat. This is commonly found in minivans (MPVs) & some SUVs. Furthermore, the armrest on the rear seats is foldable, which can be used as a seat for the third person or as a hand rest. This feature is available in luxury cars. In some designs where occupant safety is emphasized, including Volvo models, the armrest is doubled for the child seat with a complete adjustable seatbelt. The armrest with features such as wireless charging & portability has enhanced the aesthetics, gaining more popularity among the customers. Thus, the demand for production & sales of the vehicles, including the growth of the car rental market, is expected to boost the automotive armrest market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 outbreak has affected several markets, including the automotive armrest market & the global economy of various countries. The pandemic has affected every segment, causing disruption in the supply chain, demands, trends, and financial difficulties. The lack of raw materials required for the production of armrests has delayed the operations, leading to business shutdowns. Furthermore, owing to the lockdowns and social distancing norms, the unavailability of a workforce hinders the production line of automotive armrest industries. The manufacturers are expected to optimize the production to avoid delays and plan manufacturing according to the demand and franchised service centers of OEM.
However, the dominating players of the global automotive armrest market have adopted new strategies & looked for new funding resources to overcome the rise in obstacles of the market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in the production & sales of vehicles, rise in the demand for rental cars, demand for aftermarket, and surge in inclination for car aesthetics drive the automotive armrest market.
- However, unavailability of pre-installed armrest, and lack of interior space hinder the growth of the automotive armrest market.
- On the contrary, improvement in the quality & comfort, and rise in E-commerce preference for armrest market provide growth opportunities for the automotive armrest market.
The Automotive Armrest Market Trends are as Follows:
Improving Quality & Comfort:
The vehicle owners always strive to maintain the vehicles as comfortable as possible. The car armrest is considered one of the significant automotive accessories that improves the comfort level of the car. The armrest is situated near the handbrake area, so it does not interfere with changing gears or using the handbrake. The top of the armrests is usually contoured with soft foam, giving the occupants a comfortable touch. All armrests are steel-reinforced, ensuring high stability & quality. Apart from the primary use as a storage container, the armrest of the vehicle has evolved into a type of console that controls the car windows, air conditioning, and seat massaging capabilities. It can also combine the functions of the control console of the electrical system and the practical storage compartment of the vehicle, depending on the equipment of an individual vehicle. Modern, improved plastic processing technologies provide a wide range of designs and manufacturing flexibility for any form, as well as the use of thermal insulation properties, which makes the armrest ideal for mini-refrigerators and protection of sensitive electronics. The Pabla Enterprise brings the wooden armrest console for the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, which is customized & designed accordingly to the car model Thus, owing to the demand for technology & comfort in the armrests act as an opportunity for the growth of automotive armrest market.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the automotive armrest market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the automotive armrest market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the automotive armrest market.
- The report provides a detailed automotive armrest market analysis based on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Automotive Armrest Market Research Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the automotive armrest market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What are the current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the automotive armrest market?
- What are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Automotive Armrest Market Report Highlights
By Sales Channel
Key Market Players
Adient, Rati, Siwode, Piston Group, Martur, Tachi-s, Fehrer, Toyota Boshoku, Ningbo Jifeng, Grammer AG