Automotive camera is a camera installed at front side, rear side, or inside a vehicle for safety purposes. Camera modules contain image sensors that are coupled with electronics components in a vehicle. Automotive camera and camera module help in prevention of collisions, provides enhanced driving experience, and records drivers inclination. The benefit of automotive cameras is assistance in blind spot detection, nap prevention, airbag control, lane & border detection, and parking. Advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) and security & surveillance systems in automotive are using advanced technologies in camera module systems. The advanced technologies include 3D depth sensing, infrared thermal technology, and ultra HD display technology.
The factors propelling the growth of the market are growing influence of new car assessment program (NCAP), increasing demand for luxury vehicles, and demand for safety measures. However, high cost of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) hinders the growth of the market. Supportive government policies and growing trend of installing ADAS in passenger cars create opportunities for growth.
The world automotive camera & camera module market is segmented based on application, technology, vehicle type, off-highway vehicle type, and geography. The application segment is further classified based on LDW, ACC, BSD, NVS, DMS, PAS, PDS, and RSR. Technologies covered in the report are digital, thermal, and infrared. The market is further classified on the basis of vehicle type into PC and CV. Off-highway vehicle types included in the report are loaders, excavators, and articulate dump truck. The market is classified geographically into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
The prominent market players are Robert Bosch GMBH, Delphi Automotive PLC, Continental AG, Valeo, Autoliv Inc., Omnivision Technologies Inc., Magna International Inc., Mobileye, AEI Inc., and Stonkam. Partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, and others are some of the strategies adopted by these market players to gain strong foothold in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers an in-depth analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the world automotive camera & camera module market.
- This report offers an in-depth quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015-2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of current and future market status of the world automotive camera & camera module market.
- An in-depth analysis of key strategies adopted by leading manufacturers helps in understanding competitive scenario.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within the world automotive camera & camera module market is provided with key market dynamic factors that helps in understanding the behaviour of the market.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of automotive camera & camera modules) helps in understanding the competitive scenario across geographies.
- Geographically, the world automotive camera & camera module market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
AUTOMOTIVE CAMERA & CAMERA MODULE MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
Market By Application
Market By Technology
Market By Vehicle Type
Market By Off-Highway Vehicle Type
- Articulate Dump Truck
Market By Geography
- North America
- Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA)
Key Market Players:
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Robert Bosch GMBH
- Delphi Automotive PLC
- Continental AG
- Autoliv Inc.
- Omnivision Technologies Inc.
- Magna International Inc.
- AEI Inc.