Automotive Chassis Dynamometers Market Outlook 2030 -
Automotive chassis dynamometers are mechanical testing devices consisting of a pair of rollers, braking absorption system, and software for measuring torque and power of vehicles. The vehicles are driven onto rollers connected to electronic measuring instrument, which calculate vehicle speed, horsepower, and torque engine is capable of producing by measuring the time taken by drums to accelerate. Moreover, the chassis dynamometer is capable of analysing suspension problems, environmental performance, emission performance, tunes the engine, and tests the vehicle performance. The chassis dynamometer available in two types such as single roller and multi roller. The original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are developing highly accurate and advanced chassis dynamometer which is creating a high demand in the market. Moreover, chassis dynamometer enhances the vehicle performance by taking the optimum output out of vehicle which increases the operational efficiency of the vehicle.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic governments, across all major countries have announced lockdowns and various other strict regulations. Thus, the automotive chassis dynamometers market has been hit hard by the COVID-19 outbreak, with a drop in product demand due to lockdown imposed by governments worldwide. The pandemic has led to shutdown of manufacturing units in the automobile sector, thus delaying production and weakening sales of the automotive chassis dynamometers market. Moreover, owing to the lockdown the vehicle repair and maintenance shops were also closed thus affecting the demand for automotive chassis dynamometers market. Furthermore, due to the lockdown there was unavailability of electronic components required for manufacturing of automotive chassis dynamometers which further disrupted the process. Since the outbreak, curfews have been imposed in almost every country, wherein only a few authorized individuals are allowed to travel, resulting in further decline in the sale of automobiles. Also, due to social distancing norms and other restrictions there was unavailability of labour for manufacturing at the factories. However, demand for high performance vehicle with better operational efficiency will drive the market post the pandemic.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in demand for high performance & fuel-efficient vehicle, accuracy of measurement & high repetitiveness, and high labor cost is expected to drive growth of the market.
- However, high cost of chassis dynamometer and risk of incorrect inertia & frequent friction losses can hamper the growth of the market.
- Moreover, rise in vehicle production worldwide, rise in demand for better vehicle testing equipment, and increase in automation act as an opportunity for growth of the market.
Rise in demand for better vehicle testing equipment
With the rise in technological advancements in vehicles such as high-power engine, lower weight, higher efficiency, and others. The demand for better vehicle test equipment is also on the rise. Moreover, with better testing equipment the vehicle performance can be enhanced. For instance, Horiba is a Japanese company who makes precision instrument for analysing vehicle performance. Their chassis dynamometer is named VULCAN which has an automated quality checks and product diagnostics facility which contribute to the performance of the overall system. In addition, VULCAN has improved calibration, measurement accuracy, and roller dimensions enabling it to comply with current and future vehicle demands. These new factors are expected to drive growth of automotive chassis dynamometers market.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the automotive chassis dynamometers market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- The report provides detailed automotive chassis dynamometers market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the automotive chassis dynamometers market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the automotive chassis dynamometers market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the automotive chassis dynamometers market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Automotive Chassis Dynamometers Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Vehicle Type
Key Market Players
Rotest Saj Test Plant Pvt. Ltd., Horiba, Dynapack, Mustang Dynamometer, SuperFlow, Meidensha Corporation, Kratzer Automation AG, Sierra Instruments Inc., AVL List GmbH, ONO SOKKI CO. LTD.