Automotive Cross Car Beam Market Outlook 2030 -
A cross car beam is a closed steel or aluminum chamber that increases the structural coherence of the vehicle, offering resistance to lateral impacts sustained along sides of the vehicle. Cross car beam is an integral part of a vehicle, which make a crucial contribution to the safety and stability of vehicles. It also holds the airbags, the steering wheel, and the entire dashboard of the vehicle. Cross car beams enhance the safety of occupants in the vehicle by absorbing the impact energy of a side crash, lowering passenger compartment vibrations, reducing steering wheel dislocation and providing better control and support to the steering wheel.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
The COVID-19 outbreak has impacted growth of the global auto part industry. Break in supply chain and delay in manufacturing due to imposition of strict rules by governments has led to huge revenue losses for original equipment manufacturers. Even post pandemic, equipment manufacturers are facing issues such as lack of personnel, which results to low production and shortage of cross car beam in the market. Shortage of cross car beam is impacting the overall automobile market supply chain. However, the automotive cross car beam market is expected to recover and cater to the market demand in the future.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in production of vehicles due to increase in per capita income is a key factor driving the global cross car beam market.
- However, disruption in supply chain and production due to pandemic across the globe has contracted the automobile industry, consequently cross car beam market also seems to be hampered by it.
- Demand for lightweight vehicles is increasing globally, thus development of ultra-lightweight cross car beam can play a significant role in decreasing the weight of vehicle which can act as an opportunity for future.
Decrease in weight of vehicles
Automotive component manufacturers are intensively focusing on decreasing the overall weight of vehicles and components associated with vehicles, without compromising strength and safety. Manufacturers are emphasizing the use of alternative lightweight composites in the manufacturing process to serve such demands and are designing and producing high-performance vehicle components within a specific weight limit. Such as, Faurecia SA is focusing on developing cross car beams that comprises of carbon fiber. The development of such lightweight and high-strength materials and profiles is anticipated to boost automotive cross car beam market growth across the world.
Safety associated with cross car beam
T-bone accidents or Side-impact car crashes, involve at least one vehicle that is impacted on the side. Such accidents generally occur at places where most of the vehicles are moving perpendicular to each other. For instance, junctions and parking lots. Cross car beams enhance the safety of occupants by absorbing the impact energy of a side crash by reducing steering wheel dislocation, lowering passenger compartment vibrations, and providing better control and support to the steering wheel. They are designed to support vehicle steering column, HVAC system, instrumental panel, airbags and dashboard. This Enhanced safety offered by cross car beams will lead global automotive cross car beam market towards growth.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the cross car beam industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the cross car beam market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the cross car beam market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed inboard express cross car beam analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the cross car beam market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the cross car beam market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the cross car beam market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Automotive Cross Car Beam Market Report Highlights
By Vehicle Type
By Sales Channel
Key Market Players
Inteva Products, DURA Automotive Systems, Faurecia, UNIPRES Corporation, ElringKlinger, Alpha Metal, Shiloh Industries, Hwashin, CIE Automotive, Tower International