Automotive glass encapsulation is a process to obtain a frame around the glass by injecting a polymer along its border through a framing mold. The automotive encapsulated glass market is entirely dependent on the vehicle production and sale. Automotive encapsulated glass is utilized in a variety automotive application, including windows and windshields. Furthermore, automotive encapsulate glass fulfills various purposes including water tightness management, improved design, aesthetics, and noise reduction. The primary properties of automobile encapsulated glass are scratch or abrasion resistance, weather-resistant, and recyclable. The manufacturing of automotive encapsulated glass is an expensive process. An alloy die-casting mold must be made for individual design and shape. Double component materials, such as polyurethane, polyvinyl chloride, thermoplastic elastomers, and ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) are utilized under high-pressure situations and injected into the mold cavity containing the automotive encapsulated glass is located. The PU rim molding part is formed by cooling the material and encapsulating the glass.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The COVID-19 is rapidly expanding and having a wide impact, as well as posing a unique set of challenges to automotive manufacturers. Despite production shutdowns in place, automotive companies need to remain focused and flexible to manage this crisis efficiently. Although, the vehicles sales will increase as public transportation usage decreases. This, in turn, would increase the automotive encapsulated glass market sales. The sales of high-end vehicles will continue to suffer due to the pandemic. Furthermore, the significant increase in the number of daily commuters is anticipated to increase due to the pandemic. As encapsulated glass have an advantage of temperature control and better strength, the preference of automotive manufacturers would shift towards the encapsulated glass, which in turn, would increase its demand.
Top Impacting Factors
Increasing application of encapsulated glass in automobiles, penetration of luxury vehicle, and technological advancement are driving the growth of the market.
High manufacturing cost is expected to hamper the growth of the market.
Demand for noise reduction & weather resistant glass can be seen as an opportunity for the market investments.
The Automotive Encapsulated Glass Market Trends are as Follows:
Increasing Application of Encapsulated Glass in Automobiles
- Automotive glass is an important component of vehicles, with frequent innovations fueling growth. Among the improvements, the automotive encapsulated glass market has gained traction, particularly in premium vehicle applications. These materials generate higher levels of comfort for passengers, with superior functionality in security, privacy, and temperature control, which is expected to increase the market share in the upcoming years. Encapsulated glass options are projected to grow rapidly in the production of sun and moon roofs, in line with changes with consumer bias and car manufacturing companies, especially in Europe. For instance, in January 2021, General Motors announced its new electric car, Cadillac Celestiq, which will come with an encapsulated glass roof. The development of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) in new automobiles will also contribute to growth in the industry. Increase in usage of sunroof glass, particularly in high-end vehicles, is anticipated to positively impact the automotive glass market growth. Nowadays, consumers prefer a sunroof on the car, which has led to an increase in the utilization of glass. Installation of the sunroof is no longer confined to the luxury car segment but also has been introduced to the other segments by car manufacturers, such as Honda and Toyota. Furthermore, developments in vehicle design have led to an increase in the size of the windshield and side windows, thereby leading to the overall development of the industry. Encapsulated glass is the future of the automotive industry. Most of the research has been focused on developing and making encapsulated glass applicable to mainstream vehicles. This drives the growth of the market.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the automotive encapsulated glass market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the automotive encapsulated glass market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the automotive encapsulated glass market.
- The report provides a detailed automotive encapsulated glass market analysis based on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Automotive Encapsulated Glass Market Research Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the automotive encapsulated glass market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What are the current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the automotive encapsulated glass market?
- What are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Automotive Encapsulated Glass Market Report Highlights
By Vehicle Type
By Sales Channel
Key Market Players
SCHOTT AG,, Cooper Standard,, AGC,, Richard Fritz Holding GmbH., Fuyao,, Saint-Gobain Group,, CGC,, Hutchinson,, Vitro,, NSG,