Automotive engine encapsulation is used for insulating the engine for better transfer of heat between the surroundings and the engine body, where the engine of the vehicle is covered with a shield. The covering of an engine’s vehicle creates a thermoplastic sandwich shield, which helps isolate engine noise, enhances the thermal efficiency of the vehicle, minimizes the warm-up time, and provides heat while the engine starts. Engine encapsulation retains the heat of the engine within the compartment to enhance the efficiency and performance of the engines by allowing lubricants and oils to maximize the performance. Growth in demand for silent vehicles and rise in concerns related to fuel-efficiency are driving the global automotive engine encapsulation market.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- As the supply chain becomes stable, the OEMs are expected to gradually increase their production volume with the help of their firsthand experiences from locations that have already resumed operations in the market.
- The shutdown of OEM assembly plants had a pronounced ripple effect on the rest of the industry, with thousands of suppliers and sub-suppliers being directly impacted.
- It is estimated to have a slow restarting of operations, first for the plants and then for suppliers, with the plants that support the most profitable vehicles being the first to come back online.
- The industry is expected to witness restrictions continue for some time until the vaccine is found.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The need to minimize engine noise and CO2 emission from vehicles is estimated to drive the market. Moreover, increased demand for electric and hybrid vehicles eliminates the need for engine components that can hamper the growth of the market. Furthermore, increased demand for fuel-efficient and energy-saving vehicles is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the global automotive engine encapsulation market.
The global automotive engine encapsulation market trends are as follows:
Need to minimize engine noise:
Diesel engines make a lot of noise, which makes buyers uncomfortable at times. Some of the most refined diesel engines can make a lot of noise when compared to a petrol engine. However, manufacturers are now penetrating the lower segment vehicles as well to meet stringent noise emission norm, which is expected to boost the global automotive engine encapsulation market.
Less CO2 emission from vehicles:
Engine encapsulation enhances the fuel economy of vehicles by providing higher initial temperature to the engine and oils & lubricants along with enhancing the quality of exhaust coming out of the vehicle. Thus, manufacturers provide this addition in most of their vehicles, which is expected to drive the global automotive engine encapsulation market over the forecast period.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global automotive engine encapsulation market industry along with current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global automotive engine encapsulation market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global automotive engine encapsulation market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the global automotive engine encapsulation market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the global automotive engine encapsulation market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Automotive Engine Encapsulation Market Report Highlights
By Fuel Type
By Vehicle Type
Key Market Players
Evonik, BASF, Autoneum, ElringKlinger AG, Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd., Woco Industrietechnik GmbH, Continental AG, Greiner Foam International, 3M, Roechling Group