In automobiles, the dead pedal is known as a footrest. Footrest is a non-moving piece of rubber or metal that is used to rest foot and provide comfort to the driver. Two wheelers are usually provided with two pairs of footrests, two for the rider and two for the pillion rider on both sides. Footrest provides comfort & safety for both riders, and it is made up of iron, aluminium, or steel to carry the weight of the riders. Moreover, in cars and trucks two types of footrests are provided for comfort one is side footrest and other is pedal footrest. Some of the vehicles have higher ground clearance so at times it becomes difficult to enter into vehicle due to its height thus, side footrest is being used in vehicles on both sides so that the passengers can easily climb into the vehicle. Furthermore, pedal footrest is also provided in vehicles which situated beside clutch in manual transmission and beside brake in automatic transmission vehicles. The pedal footrest promotes a smoother actuation of clutch by keeping driver’s foot in the same plane as the pedal therefore, it prevents fatigue by offering a stable inclined surface on which the driver can place their foot.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
Due COVID-19 pandemic automobile market witnessed a downfall due to stringent lockdown imposed by the government of major countries. The automobile manufacturing was stopped due to lockdown and government restrictions. Thus, it directly affected the demand of automotive footrest used in the vehicle. Moreover, since due to movement restrictions the supply of already manufactured automotive footrest was not possible which led built up of inventory. Furthermore, due to unavailability of raw material the manufacturing automotive footrest was disrupted. In addition, pandemic had a negative impact on the automobile market which further affected automotive footrest market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in automobile production, rise in demand for sports utility vehicles, and rise in people disposable income increase vehicle sales is expected to drive growth of the market.
- However, negligible replacement rate of automotive footrest in aftermarket and footrest being manufacturer by automobile company can hamper growth of the market.
- Moreover, rise in demand for comfort while driving, rise in sale of two-wheelers, and rise in use of automatic retractable side footrest in luxury vehicle act as an opportunity for growth of the market.
Rise in people disposable income increase vehicle sales
Currently, demand for vehicles with good design and features in increasing. Moreover, with the rise in people’s disposable income the sale of vehicle worldwide is also increasing. For instance, it is projected that global auto sales will expand by 8% to 10% in 2021 to 83 million - 85 million units, up from 77 million in 2020. Furthermore, the demand for electric vehicles is also increasing worldwide due to stringent government regulations regarding emission. Thus, the rise in vehicle sales is expected to drive growth of automotive footrest market.
Negligible replacement rate of automotive footrest in aftermarket
The footrest is being manufactured using iron, steel, or aluminium thus, it is of very good quality. For instance, the footrest provided by the OEMs are very durable and usually last throughout vehicles life even when used harshly. Thus, it affects the aftermarket sales of footrest since requirement of replacement is negligible. Therefore, negligible aftermarket sales can hamper growth of automotive footrest market.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the automotive footrest market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the automotive footrest market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the automotive footrest market growth scenario.
- The report provides detailed automotive footrest market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the automotive footrest market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the automotive footrest market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the automotive footrest market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Automotive Footrest Market Report Highlights
By Vehicle Type
By Material Type
By Sales Channel
Key Market Players
Jikasu Engineering Corp., Unitek Industries, Dakshita Injecto Plast, Shree Laxmi Enterprises, Rajdeep Traders, United Composheets Ltd., VVK Enterprises, Unique Punch Systems Pvt. Ltd., Tribeca Coppers Pvt. Ltd., Swami Samarth Electronics Pvt. Ltd.