Automotive forging is a manufacturing process, for shaping metal by applying compressive forces with the related equipment. The automotive industry depends significantly on steel forged automotive components owing to increase in vehicle production. Forged steel is used for manufacturing automotive components such as crankshafts, axle, joints, and bearings, and is necessary for handling the torque. Furthermore, closed-die forging, impression-die forging of steel, titanium, aluminum, and another alloy can produce a limited 3-D variety of shapes. In addition, impression-die forgings are normally produced on hydraulic presses, hammers, and mechanical presses with very high abilities. Further, the finisher dies is used for manufacturing of symmetric and non-symmetric automotive component by bending operations. Moreover, temperature-sensitive materials such as magnesium, refractory alloys, titanium alloys and nickel-based superalloys may require a special forging process or special equipment for forging in impression dies.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Gaining back the same flow of goods in the market is certainly a major challenge, due to slow restarting of operation the plants and the suppliers may have to wait for a long time to revive the demand back into the market.
- The impact of the coronavirus will affect the sales of automobiles in every country, which will impact the electric transporters market as well.
- The deadly virus has destroyed the supply chain of many markets and it will take some time to revive back.
- The safety and security feature has to be improved after the lockdown, which may benefit the absorption market due to the virus.
- Due to producers cutting output on signs of increasing demand all over the globe imposed to counter the coronavirus pandemic.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Some of the factors such as increase in demand for better driving experience and improvement in the installation of automotive parts are expected to boost the market growth during the forecast period. However, the slowdown in automobile production and the availability of the alternative metal forming process are is anticipated to hinder the global forged automotive component market during the forecast period. Furthermore, technological advancements and innovative product launches by manufacturers are expected to create lucrative opportunities for players operating in the automotive forgings market during the forecast period.
The automotive forgings market trends are as follows:
Increasing demand for better driving experience
The demand for forged automotive components is anticipated to be generated primarily from the automotive ancillary sector, which supplies the finished products to the automotive original equipment manufacturer (OEM). In addition, the consumer is looking for cost-effective transportation options owing to which adoption different electric vehicles as they are lightweight and continent for short distance traveling.
Improvement in the installation of automotive parts
The automotive aftermarket is undergoing dramatic changes with evolving customer expectations, acceleration of technological innovation, and shifts in competitive power. These changes are expected to reshape the way customers, automotive suppliers, and other aftermarket companies think of cars and driving and how business in the automotive aftermarket is conducted and value is created. In addition, new technologies and major shifts in the aftermarket industry will be game-changing factors that all players have to react to maintain strong positions in the future. Moreover, surge in demand across the globe for various automotive parts is expected to foster the growth of the automotive forging market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the automotive forgings market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the automotive forgings market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the automotive forgings market scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed automotive forgings market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions answered in the automotive forgings market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the automotive forgings market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Automotive Forgings Market Report Highlights
By Vehicle Type
Key Market Players
Nanjin Automobile Forging Co Ltd, Meritor Inc, Bharat Forge Limited, CIE Automotive SA, Kovarna Viva, Dana Inc, American Axle & Manufacturing Inc, Aichi Forge USA Inc, ThyssenKrupp AG, NTN Corporation