Automotive Grade Inductors Market Outlook 2030 -
Automotive-grade inductors are current-sensing devices with electromagnetic characteristics. They consist of a passive two-terminal electronic component that stores energy in a magnetic field when current flows through an inductor. Automotive-grade inductors are mostly made of ultra-thin mixtures of nickel-zinc ferrite, manganese, iron powder, and metal alloys. In addition, automotive-grade inductors are installed in vehicles to provide significant AC and DC resistance and enhance the work of accessories. Moreover, automotive grade inductors are used to maintain the flow of current and supply filtered current to the vehicle’s accessories, such as information devices, entertainment devices, and LED lights, among others. Due to their application as current control devices for electric accessories, the automotive-grade inductor market is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period. Automotive-grade inductor manufacturers are focusing on developing high-performance automotive-grade inductors to withstand extreme temperatures, broadband electrical noise, and improve vehicle efficiency. In a predetermined period of time, the increasing use of vehicle accessories to improve operational efficiency is expected to promote the growth of the automotive-grade inductor market. Moreover, governmental regulations pertaining to automotive electronic parts such as AEC-Q200 are therefore projected to create immense growth opportunities for the manufacturers of automotive grade inductors and drive the growth of the global automotive grade inductor market during the forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
Automotive grade Inductor market is expected to witness a marginal dip in 2020 due to the COVID-19 as the movement restriction and lockdowns has resulted in the disruptions in the supply chain. COVID-19 has disrupted the supply chain of automotive inductor market. The companies are exploring new opportunities to interact with manufacturers by leveraging advanced technologies. Coronavirus, a deadly respiratory disease that originated in China, has become a worldwide pandemic. The slowdown in manufacturing and disruption in supply chain, due to COVID-19 is expected to impact the automotive grade inductor market, at least in the short term. Shortage of raw materials in COVID-19 is expected to be the biggest challenge for companies across the world to overcome. Manufacturing facilities are either shut down or currently unable to produce at full capacity, and this could negatively affect the inductor market. The automotive sector is facing a disruption due to the shutdown of businesses. The disruption in Chinese parts exports, large scale manufacturing interruptions across Europe, and the closure of assembly plants in the United States has impacted negatively to automotive grade inductor market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rising demand for integrating technology, penetration of automobile in developing countries, and rising disposable income are driving the growth of the market.
- Fluctuating prices of raw materials is expected to hamper the growth of the market.
- Rising safety concern, and rising FDI in automobile sector can be seen as an opportunity for the market investments.
The automotive-grade inductors market trends are as follows:
Fluctuating prices of raw materials
Due to the characteristics of high electrical connectivity and low power loss, inductors are usually composed of copper, iron, and ferrite. Copper is widely used as a raw material in manufacturing automotive grade inductors as it has relatively good thermal and mechanical properties. While manufacturing automotive grade inductors, the copper line width is limited, and the metal pattern density must be as uniform as possible. The largest importers of copper, iron, and ferrite are China, Japan, India, South Korea, and Germany and the demand and supply may fluctuate the price of raw materials. Therefore, one of the main factors affecting the cost of inductors is the price of copper, iron, and ferrite which varies greatly. Therefore, prices of raw material will hamper the growth of the market.
Rising demand for integrating technology
Wireless technology has a major impact on the automotive market in current time. The key driving factors for the growth of the wireless connectivity segment include the increasing penetration of the Internet, growing demand wirelessly connected devices, growing market for navigation, IoT, and increasing demand infotainment system. Many companies in automotive grade inductors market are developing small in size inductors because of the miniaturization of devices, for instance, Vishay Intertechnology introduced three new commercial IHLP low-profile, high-current inductors with high-operating temperatures of up to +155 °C in the 3.3 mm by 3.3 mm 1212 case size the company’s smallest up to date. Wireless technologies especially GPS, GPRS, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi divices are witnessing high growth in this era of new technological developments in automobile sector, which will directly impact the demand for automotive grade inductors. Thus rising demand for integrating technology will drive the growth of the market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the automotive grade inductors industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the automotive grade inductors market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the automotive-grade inductors market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed automotive grade inductors market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the automotive grade inductors market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the automotive grade inductors market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the automotive grade inductors market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Automotive Grade Inductors Market Report Highlights
By Sales Channel
By Vehicle Type
Key Market Players
Avnet Inc., Vishay Intertechnology, Laird Technologies, Abracon, Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Mouser Electronics Inc., TDK Corporation, Viking Tech, Bourns Inc., TTI Inc.