Automotive headliners are made from multiple layers of fabric, which covers the ceiling of the car. The headliners are used for both, visual and functional purpose. The functional purpose of headliner is to provide shock absorption, insulation and to hide the wires attached to the ceiling. In addition to functional purpose, the headliners are used to enhance the vehicle interior as well. Individuals are spending enormous amounts of money in modified vehicles to get the required comfort level. Further, the comfort level of the customers is enhanced while travelling on the vehicles with headliners installed on it which is opportunistic for the market. Therefore, quick expansion and varying lifestyles has boosted the demand for global automotive headliners.
Market scope and structure analysis:
Market size available for years
Base year considered
Headliner Type, Vehicle Type, Material Type, Sales Channel, and Region
North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (Germany, the U.K., France, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, and rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and rest of LATAM) and the Middle East & Africa
Grupo Antolin, S.A., Motus Integrated Technologies, Toyota Boshoku Corporation, Kasai North America Inc., International Automotive Components Group SA, Howa Co., Ltd., UGN, Inc., SA Automotive (US), and Hayashi Telempu Corporation.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The pandemic has had a negative impact on the global automotive headliners market size for the year 2020, a major deviation is noticed in the growth of automotive headliners manufacturers due to coronavirus.
- As the governments all over the world have declared lockdowns over the past few months, the demand and supply cycle of many global automotive headliners manufacturers is vulnerable.
- Majority of global automotive headliners manufacturers are facing issues such as closure of factories and unavailability of workforce due to the lockdowns which further affects the production of cars as well.
- Global automotive headliner is an evolving sector which is hampered due to an ongoing pandemic, because of which all type of production and installation across the affected countries had been shut down & all operations were disrupted due to the pandemic.
- The vendors in automotive headliners industry across the globe is being affected severely due to the restrictions on producers as well as the declared lockdowns which in turn affecting the global automotive headliners manufacturers worldwide.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Rising demand for interior styling, perceived quality & convenience features such as sun roof systems, increase in demand for premium segment vehicles and government regulation for lightweight vehicles are driving the growth of the market. However, high cost of advanced headliner and roof systems is expected to hamper the growth of the market. Contrarily, rise in demand for interior styling can be seen as an opportunity for the market investments.
The global automotive headliners market trends are as follows:
Government regulation for lightweight vehicles
The regulations and policies regarding the lightweight of the vehicle have made a compulsion for the producers to take measures for reducing vehicle weight significantly, thereby, boosting the demand for lightweight vehicles. Vehicle weight can be reduced considerably by using lightweight material for the headliners that is used to cover the ceiling of the vehicle. This results in the reduction of the overall weight of the vehicle. Therefore, growing demand for lightweight and low-carbon emitting vehicles boosts the growth of the automotive headliner market.
Key segments covered:
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global automotive headliner industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the global automotive headliner market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2019 to 2027 to highlight the global automotive headliner market growth scenario.
- We can also determine headliners will remain a significant revenue shareholder in the global automotive headliner market through the predictable future.
Questions answered in the automotive headliner market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the global automotive headliner market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Automotive Headliner Market Report Highlights
By Headliner Type
By Vehicle Type
By Sales Channel
Key Market Players
International Automotive Components Group SA, SA Automotive (US), UGN, Inc., S.A., Grupo Antolin, Howa Co., Ltd.,, Kasai North America Inc., Toyota Boshoku Corporation, Hayashi Telempu Corporation., Motus Integrated Technologies