Automotive hinges are mechanical bearings that connect automotive components such as doors, trunk or tailgate, hood, and fuel cap to the automotive body. The automotive hinges allow a door or hood to be open at a certain angle between the automotive body and the door or hood. The two automotive components connected by the automotive hinges are revolved relatively to each other around a fixed axis of rotation. The material used in automotive hinges depend upon its end-use as the doors, hood, and tailgate required steel or any heavy material, but the fuel cap did not require a heavy or robust material. The doors of premium and sports cars are automatically opened by electronic-operated automotive hinges. The compact and mid-size cars are using electrically operated hinges to open the back trunk or tailgate of the vehicle. The fuel cap is another important component of an automotive vehicle that prevents the direct connect between the fuel and the surrounding elements. Many manufactures are using composite material to reduce the weight of the automotive hinges to reduce the vehicle weight.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The global outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has had a severe influence on the automotive bearings since production units have been shut down due to the lockdown imposed across the globe. Although unavailability of skilled labor has impacted the market, it is anticipated to develop significantly soon, due to the rise in vehicle sale and the adoption of advanced technology-based bearing for various automotive components/applications.
Top Impacting Factors
Advanced hinges used in explosive door systems, rise in demand for additive manufacturing, and rise in automobile production & sales drive the growth of the market.
High reliability & durability, fluctuating raw material prices & high maintenance cost, and track door system hinder the growth of the market.
Increase in the urbanization, industrialization & increase in demand for the private commute, and penetration of electric vehicles act as an opportunity for the market investments.
The Global Automotive Hinges Market Trends are as Follows:
Fluctuating Raw Material Prices & High Maintenance Cost
- The cost of raw materials continues to top overall concern for manufacturers. The raw material contributes for around 60–62% of revenue of hinges manufacturer. The raw material price of automotive hinges continuously fluctuates as per the market economic condition. Major price fluctuation in raw materials becoming significant problem for companies to remain competitive and assure sustainable margins. As high-grade steel and alloy steel are the primary raw materials used for manufacturing hinges, hinges price is highly correlated with the global steel price movement. Fluctuation of raw material price creates challenges for the hinges manufacturers to produce hinges for the vehicle at a comparative price and of high quality. Furthermore, hinges require routine maintenance to avoid failure and extend their service life, which further increases maintenance costs. Therefore, factors such as fluctuating raw material prices and regular maintenance costs hinder the growth of the automotive hinges market, globally.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global automotive hinges market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the global automotive hinges market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the global automotive hinges market.
- The report provides a detailed global automotive hinges market analysis based on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Global Automotive Hinges Market Research Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the global automotive hinges market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What are the current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the global automotive hinges market?
- What are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Automotive Hinges Market Report Highlights
By Sales Channel
By Vehicle Type
Key Market Players
Eberhard Manufacturing Company, Midlake Custom Hinges, Magna International,, AISIN SEIKI, Multimatic, Gaoming Ligang Precision Casting Co., Ltd., Gestamp, DURA Automotive Systems., Orchid International, Scissor Doors Inc.