Automotive LiDAR system uses pulsed laser light to measure the distance between two vehicles by illuminating the desired target and measuring the reflected pulses using a sensor. Automotive system utilize LIDAR to automatically control vehicle speed and braking systems in response to sudden changes in traffic conditions. Earlier, sonar & radar systems were used in the automotive industry; however, automotive LiDAR have replaced them in automated systems. This is to accomplish the data requirements, owing to increase in the level of automation in vehicles and benefits such as higher accuracy and capturing of real-time data.
The global automotive LiDAR market is driven by factors such as increase in the number of automated vehicles and decrease in manufacturing cost of LiDAR systems. However, lack of awareness about the benefits of LiDAR systems and high cost associated with the use of expensive components in these systems, such as laser scanners, navigation system, and high-resolution 3D cameras systems, hinder the market growth. Conversely, rise in number of autonomous, and connected cars is expected to offer various opportunities for new products in the market and boost the market growth.
The global automotive LiDAR market is segmented based on application, product type, component, and geography. Based on application, it is classified into advanced driver assistance system (ADAS), automatic emergency breaking, and adaptive cruise control. On the basis of component, it is further divided into laser, inertial navigation system, camera, global positioning system/global navigation satellite system (GPS/GNSS) receiver, and micro electro mechanical system. Based on product type, it is categorized into terrestrial/static, aerial, mobile, and short-range. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players profiled in the report include, Airborne Hydrography AB, Leosphere SaS, Faro Technologies Inc., 3D Laser Mapping Inc., Aerometric Inc., Mira Solutions Inc, Optech Inc. (Teledyne Technologies), Quanergy Systems, Inc., Leica Geosystems Inc., Velodyne, and IBEO Automotive Systems GmbH.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends and dynamics in the global automotive LiDAR market.
- In-depth analysis is provided by constructing market estimations for the key market segments from 2017 to 2023.
- The report provides the quantitative analysis of the industry along with the current trends and future estimations to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry helps understand the competitive scenario across various geographies.
Automotive Lidar Market Key Segments:
- Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS)
- Automatic Emergency Breaking (AEB)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Autonomous Cars
- Inertial Navigation System,
- Camera and GPS/GNSS Receiver
- Micro Electro Mechanical System
- North America
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Airborne Hydrography AB
- Leosphere SaS
- Faro Technologies Inc.
- 3D Laser Mapping Inc.
- Aerometric Inc.
- Mira Solutions Inc.
- Optech Inc. (Teledyne Technologies)
- Quanergy Systems, Inc.
- IBEO automotive systems GmbH
- LeicGeosystems Inc.