Automotive software is a set of instructions that helps the user interact with underlying in-vehicle hardware and also perform control functions in a vehicle. It focuses on the growing trend towards sensor fusion, automotive haptics, and adoption of the on-board vehicle health monitoring and diagnostic system. Manufacturers of automotive infotainment systems are shifting towards the PC-like architectural concept, where the functionality of the system is dependent on the central processing unit.
The key factors that drive the growth of the market are the product standardization offerings and open-source platforms, which reduce the cost of application and firmware development. The huge growth potential for automobiles with advanced driver assistance systems enhances the market growth. The increasing complexity in software architecture, which leads to higher production costs for OEMs & suppliers, acts as a restraint for the market growth. Irrespective of these challenges, OEMs have now shifted their focus towards the development of autonomous vehicles. Moreover, the installation of rear-view cameras in all vehicles in order to reduce back-over accidents and the mandatory installation of eCall systems will further boost the growth of the market in future.
The market segmentation is based on application and product. By application the market is divided into safety system, infotainment & telematics, powertrain, and chassis. By product, it is classified into operating system, middleware, and application software. Geographically, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Prominent players profiled in the report include Adobe Systems Software Ireland Ltd., Airbiquity, BlackBerry Limited, Microsoft Corporation, Wind River system Inc., Atego, Green Hills Software, MontaVista Software, LLC, Autonet Mobile, Inc., and Google.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends and dynamics in the automotive software market.
- In-depth analysis has been carried out by constructing market estimations for key market segments between 2017 and 2023.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations from 2017 to 2023, which helps identify prevailing market opportunities.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry helps understand the competitive scenario across geographies.
Automotive Software Market Key Segments:
- Safety system
- Infotainment and telematics
- Operating system
- Application software
- North America
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Europe
- Latin America
- The Middle East
Key Players In The Value Chain
- Adobe Systems Software Ireland Ltd.
- BlackBerry Limited
- Microsoft Corporation
- Wind River systems Inc.
- Green Hills Software
- MontaVista Software, LLC
- Autonet Mobile, Inc.